L
lovedance4ever
Guest
I had a friendship with a girl who was a wiccan. I met her (ironically) at a Catholic campus ministry group at my previous college, from which I have since transferred.
She used vulgar language and had so many attitudes and beliefs that were contrary to what I believed as a Catholic, and because I was afraid of sinking down to that level, I ended all contact…without saying anything to her. I deleted her from FB and stopped answering texts. I’m sure this probably was not the best way of going about it. However, I have a history of being mistreated by friends, and I just did not want to deal with it all anymore; sometimes I felt extremely judged by her, and used as well. She lived on campus and needed to be driven all over the place. After a while, I felt as though I was only as good as my car.
This morning, my aunt told me that she had received a message from this girl on FB. In it, she stated that she really missed me and was sorry for anything that she might have done.
I feel like this was really genuine, but then there is a part of me that keeps thinking, “she probably just needs groceries.”
Any ideas? I just do not know what to do. I am very lonely sometimes, as I do not have any friends, and I am afraid that I am going to make a bad decision out of desperation. Then again, I do not want to throw out what could be a good friendship. We had so many amazing, fun times together…they were not all bad.
Also, if I do end up speaking with her…how might I word all of this without offending her?
She used vulgar language and had so many attitudes and beliefs that were contrary to what I believed as a Catholic, and because I was afraid of sinking down to that level, I ended all contact…without saying anything to her. I deleted her from FB and stopped answering texts. I’m sure this probably was not the best way of going about it. However, I have a history of being mistreated by friends, and I just did not want to deal with it all anymore; sometimes I felt extremely judged by her, and used as well. She lived on campus and needed to be driven all over the place. After a while, I felt as though I was only as good as my car.
This morning, my aunt told me that she had received a message from this girl on FB. In it, she stated that she really missed me and was sorry for anything that she might have done.
I feel like this was really genuine, but then there is a part of me that keeps thinking, “she probably just needs groceries.”
Any ideas? I just do not know what to do. I am very lonely sometimes, as I do not have any friends, and I am afraid that I am going to make a bad decision out of desperation. Then again, I do not want to throw out what could be a good friendship. We had so many amazing, fun times together…they were not all bad.
Also, if I do end up speaking with her…how might I word all of this without offending her?