Y
yellowbird
Guest
Yep. Just like the thread title says. He’s a great Uncle… totally into my children sending them presents and taking an interest in their lives. He lives across the country so it’s not like we see him very often but he keeps in contact and my kids really like him because he’s the “cool” Uncle and he lives this fast paced totally “cool” life. Since Facebook he’s able to take an even greater interest in their lives.
But there is the porn issue. He was ALWAYS - as far back as I can remember, into porn. That wasn’t such a big deal to my very secular, non-Christian family… but fast forward all these years and it’s light years away from what I am about now. I know he goes to strip clubs and he subscribes to porn magazines (his wife told me she gives them to him for Christmas of all things…
) His own grown children post the most disgusting things on Facebook … seriously, I just clicked on a link my nephew posted in his status and it was disgusting porn. I’m freaked that it somehow downloaded that garbage onto my computer. My children are NOT friends w/ his kids on Facebook for that reason.
OK - so here’s my question. I have beautiful daughters who are growing into lovely young ladies and it sickens me to think that he might be imagining them in any other way then the wholesome girls they are. What are the chances of that? I ask because he sometimes comments about how “mature” my older one looks… and how I shouldn’t be suprised if 30 something year old men look at her because she’s so developed. How gross is that? Do you think that’s the influence of porn on his brain that he would even say that or is that just a random comment that I’m taking too far?
I’m tempted to cut him right out of my life. The thing is … I’m the only “extended” family he has… his mother and father are both dead… no other sibblings. He has said repeatedly that he is so happy I’m in his life. But the creep factor is there…
What would you do? And having a conversation about this is soooo out of the question… God/Religion/Church/Jesus/Holiness is soooooooooooooo far from what we grew up with. He thinks I’m sort of a nut job for caring about any of that and has jokingly said so…
But there is the porn issue. He was ALWAYS - as far back as I can remember, into porn. That wasn’t such a big deal to my very secular, non-Christian family… but fast forward all these years and it’s light years away from what I am about now. I know he goes to strip clubs and he subscribes to porn magazines (his wife told me she gives them to him for Christmas of all things…
OK - so here’s my question. I have beautiful daughters who are growing into lovely young ladies and it sickens me to think that he might be imagining them in any other way then the wholesome girls they are. What are the chances of that? I ask because he sometimes comments about how “mature” my older one looks… and how I shouldn’t be suprised if 30 something year old men look at her because she’s so developed. How gross is that? Do you think that’s the influence of porn on his brain that he would even say that or is that just a random comment that I’m taking too far?
I’m tempted to cut him right out of my life. The thing is … I’m the only “extended” family he has… his mother and father are both dead… no other sibblings. He has said repeatedly that he is so happy I’m in his life. But the creep factor is there…
What would you do? And having a conversation about this is soooo out of the question… God/Religion/Church/Jesus/Holiness is soooooooooooooo far from what we grew up with. He thinks I’m sort of a nut job for caring about any of that and has jokingly said so…