What would you like to see Catholic Answers do?

• Thread starter Thread starter Servant31
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can access the Ask An Apologist archive by using the search function on the main Catholic Answers web page. For example I entered ‘adoration’ and one of the results was this from Ask An Apologist…

Question:​

Can a Protestant go to adoration?

Answer:​

Yes, a Protestant could attend adoration. Anyone could technically come in and pray. However, the bigger question would be: if someone is attending Catholic adoration, why isn’t he Catholic?

Webinars and web-based courses with related discussion threads moderated by instructors and teaching assistants. Manage certificate programs to document continuing education.

What I would like to see is the forums. That is the only part of Catholic Answers I have really used much, although not recently. I signed back on last week and noticed you’ve decided to do away with the forums. That is your decision of course, but I find it kind of amazing that you are asking for donations nevertheless.

And to be honest, maybe I’m old fashioned, but I always have enjoyed bulletins boards and forums so much more than blogs, which are hard to find and kind of self-referential vanity spots, it seems. And podcasts–no, I just don’t do podcasts. I love the interaction and community of the Forums and will really miss them.

I would love to see more apologetics and general Catholic education courses and free videos.

Something similar a Prager U would be awesome.

I know they have the new School of Apologetics, which is great, but I would also like to see a free version with very short classes.

I second that. The seemingly willy-nilly post deletions really disrupted the flow of discussion (especially when responses to removed posts were left up without context). It would have been nice to have a chance to modify comments or even optionally remove instead of just being shut up.

But they’re not doing that anymore, so I suspect 90% of their followers will just go elsewhere.

…like to see Catholic Answers do…
Webinars and web-based courses with related discussion threads moderated by instructors and teaching assistants. Manage certificate programs to document continuing education.<
Catholic Answers could maintain student transcripts of completed certificate programs to document continuing education.

Student transcripts could be “federated” or combined across multiple education providers to include documentation of completed courses and certificates from organizations like: Word on Fire, Augustine Institute, Napa Institute, Institute of Catholic Culture, others.

If organizations like these could coordinate their efforts to a greater degree, it would begin to look more like a “movement” of efforts to do catechesis, apologetics and evangelism. The “grass roots” and the “hierarchy” and “outsiders” would all take notice.

Last edited:
But will that still work after they’ve deleted the forums as it was one of the categories on these forums?

I assume that if it’s all being deleted that would include Ask An Apologist and so will not come up in any searches including on the main CA site.

Guess I’ll know that after it’s all deleted.

When I think about my own worst moments and those of others, I would rather they not do that.

Anything that is worth reading here as a Catholic answer is available many other places.

I’m not sure. I used to listen to the radio show daily, but my commute changed and I haven’t been for a while now. I still use the main site for finding answers to apologetics questions, but I will really miss these forums.

Without the forums I probably won’t be back. Occasionally, I’ll be searching for something on Google and will find a link to a CA article that addresses the issue, but other than that, I’ll be done. Too much modernism from most of the hosts for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back