F
FredSmith
Guest
Name calling does not help your cause.Freddie is a Protestant Christian.
Name calling does not help your cause.Freddie is a Protestant Christian.
You are a Protestant because you believe in the Bible Alone theory…Name calling does not help your cause.
Manny, there are times when I wish you would take the time - what is the rush?My grammar is fine thank you very much. There are times when I don’t have the time to edit them …]
Literally? Does this mean that Roman Catholics have paramedics standing by to give CPR?Col. 2:12 - in baptism, we literally die with Christ and are raised with Christ
Actually 1 Peter does.It is a supernatural reality, not just a symbolic ritual. The Scriptures never refer to baptism as symbolic.
Nothing about baptism here.Titus 3:5-7
OK. I’ll bite: what is the “Bible alone” theory?You are a Protestant because you believe in the Bible Alone theory…
Baloney. You reiterated your fallible interpretation.Been there. Debunked that.
If I have to pick between a follower of an actual disciple’s interpretation and yours, I’m going with the person closer to the source every time. I’m interested in being a part of Historical Christianity - not a cult.And they’re welcome to their opinions, but the key word is “interpreted”. The great thing about interpreting something is that you can interpret it to mean anything you like.
I do rely on what it says and not on your faulty interpretation.That is why we rely on what the text says, not what we imagine it to say.
Well, you are clearly not basing your doctrine on the Bible as has been clearly demonstrated to any objective observer here. If you’re not interested in being orthodox in your beliefs, that’s up to you I guess. There are a lot of cults out there.I wouldn’t care if they all said it. As Christians, we don’t base our doctrine on “Early Church writers”. We base it on God’s word.
The text says that baptism saves. It’s plain as day.I don’t. I go by what the text says.
Either it’s necessary or it’s not necessary. Which is it? (Salvation is the only necessary thing. All of the commandments of Christ are for our salvation; nothing else. He does not ask us to waste our time with things that are not necessary for our salvation.)Not unecessary, just not a means of salvation.
Are you? I have no idea what it is that you are defending; you seem to be on the attack.If I believed that, then why am I defending baptism so vigorously?
The graces we received in baptism comes from the Lord himself. He sends out his graces through the sacrament of baptism. In the Sacrament, the grace of the Lord is at work.And I notice that you left out the part of that verse that tells us that the salvation comes from calling on the name of the Lord.
Jesus, Peter, and Paul and the other Apostles disagrees with you. Peter says, "Baptism now saves you. In Acts, when one of the people ask what they must do to be saved.Accepting Jesus Christ as savior and lord in order to be saved is just as Unbiblical as being baptized to be saved.
I shall repeat Peter’s words. “Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves.” He said baptism saves and you say it doesn’t. Who is telling the truth here? You or Peter? I trust Peter more than you.That doesn’t negate the fact that nowhere in either of these verses are we told that baptism saves us.
John 3:5. “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you one of is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of heaven.”Where in that passage does Jesus say that baptism is required for salvation?
It does, you are just reading it through your Protestant lenses.And, as has been pointed out to you many times now, this verse has nothing to do with baptism.
You are born again in baptism. Once you are baptized, you are born again. You are only baptized once.If that baptism is required for salvation, then why are they baptized after they’re born again?
I don’t go by that. I go what Jesus taught through his Church. To be born again is to be baptized.Accepting Jesus as personal Lord and Savior" is just as unbiblical as the idea that we’re saved by being baptised. But that one is Unbiblical doesn’t make the other one true.
No. He’s Protestant because he rejects the authority of Christ in His Church. “Bible alone” is just a by-product of this rejection.You are a Protestant because you believe in the Bible Alone theory…
The text does not say that baptism saves. The Bible is very clear that we are saved by faith in Christ’s atonement, not religious rituals.The text says that baptism saves. It’s plain as day.
Answered this one already.Either it’s necessary or it’s not necessary. Which is it?
I like to rushing because it is my nature. You know me long enough to know that I never take my time.Manny, there are times when I wish you would take the time - what is the rush?![]()
I don’t reject the authority of Christ or of His church.No. He’s Protestant because he rejects the authority of Christ in His Church.
Unbiblical.The graces we received in baptism comes from the Lord himself. He sends out his graces through the sacrament of baptism. In the Sacrament, the grace of the Lord is at work.
Already debunked this claim several times.Jesus, Peter, and Paul and the other Apostles disagrees with you. Peter says, "Baptism now saves you. In Acts, when one of the people ask what they must do to be saved.
This verse has nothing to do with baptism.John 3:5. “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you one of is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of heaven.”
As opposed to you, who is reading it with a completely neutral lense, totally unbiased by your Roman Catholic brainwashing, right?It does, you are just reading it through your Protestant lenses.
That isn’t what the Bible says.You are born again in baptism. Once you are baptized, you are born again. You are only baptized once.
That isn’t what the Bible says.I don’t go by that. I go what Jesus taught through his Church. To be born again is to be baptized.
The belief that the Bible alone is the sole rule of faith concerning all matters of faith and moral. There is no church who have such authority only the Bible is the authority.OK. I’ll bite: what is the “Bible alone” theory?
And therein lies the difference between us: You say that you want the person allegedly “closer” to the source.If I have to pick between a follower of an actual disciple’s interpretation and yours, I’m going with the person closer to the source every time.
Then get out of Roman Catholicism.I’m interested in being a part of Historical Christianity - not a cult.
I agree and Roman Catholicism is one of them.Well, you are clearly not basing your doctrine on the Bible as has been clearly demonstrated to any objective observer here. If you’re not interested in being orthodox in your beliefs, that’s up to you I guess. There are a lot of cults out there.
Will do. Say hello to Satan for me.Good luck in Fred land. Say hello to the fairies and unicorns for me.
The text does not say that baptism saves.
It is God who gave us the religious rituals. (Hence, “religious,” meaning “from God.”) Why would God give us these rituals, if they are not necessary for our salvation?The Bible is very clear that we are saved by faith in Christ’s atonement, not religious rituals.
This lie has been debunked many times.As you know, there are 30,000 Protestant Christian denominations
Actually, we’re very much united. That’s why we preach and teach in one another’s churches, cooperate on missions and social outreaches, and fellowship together.Their belief isn’t united. There is a lack of unity of belief. In Protestantism
I concur.Hi,
I have read all of the posts and suggestions and as a born again christian who goes to a non-denom church the only effective response is the one CAT offered.![]()
All of the other responses will be perceived as arrogant and condescending.
Thanks CAT
That’s according to you. I don’t trust you I trust Jesus Christ and His Church.Unbiblical.
A debunked argument that is extremely weak.Already debunked this claim several times.
That’s according to your private interpretation.This verse has nothing to do with baptism.
I’m not brain washed. I know my faith just as any Catholic in here. I believe what the Church teaches because Jesus revealed it. He is one with his Church. You cannot separate the Church and Jesus, my friend. That is a false dichtomy.As opposed to you, who is reading it with a completely neutral lense, totally unbiased by your Roman Catholic brainwashing, right?
It is.That isn’t what the Bible says.
It’s in John 3:5.That isn’t what the Bible says.