What's a good Catholic Christmas gift for mother?

  • Thread starter Thread starter HeWillProvide
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HeWillProvide

Guest
What would a devoted, Catholic mother appreciate receiving as a Christmas gift that is God-related, like a rosary, etc.?
 
I know that I would absolutely LOVE it if my older children (18 &20) gave me a Spiritual Bouquet. Knowing that someone is praying for you is wonderful…especially wonderful if it’s one’s child!

Other suggestions…does she enjoy books? How about “Amazing Grace for Mothers” by Jeff Cavins and Matthew Pinto? Or, go shopping here…lots and lots of good books!

Kathy
 
You could get her the coolest prayer book around: The Raccolta of Indulgences…

You could get her a rosary. Even statuary is really nice. Does she like a certain saint?
 
There’s always jewelry… a nice silver or gold Miraculous Medal or crucifix necklace, or a rosary bracelet… even earrings (DH gave me a pair of sterling silver Miraculous Medal earrings last year!)

DH gave me a beautiful Holy Family statue two years ago… it looks like it’s carved out of wood with the bark still on it, and it’s the Holy Family in the shelter of an angel… it’s hard to describe but I cried when I saw it… absolutely gorgeous!

Let’s see… gave my mom a wall rosary years ago (she loved it) and a music box of the Holy Family (played “O Holy Night”) and an Infant of Prague statue, and a sick call crucifix (a must have in every Catholic home!)

Books are always good (for me, anyway!)
 
Be careful with jewelry. It depends on the mother’s age and physical abilities. Some older women are not able to put on a necklace or bracelet (arthritis or other conditions that disable fine motor movements in the hands). Get jewelry that doesn’t involve a lot of fine motor adjustments.

I am a 52-year-old Catholic mother, and my favorite gift is prayer books–little books that contain Catholic prayers. I’m a convert, so to me, all these prayers are new and beautiful. Someone who has been a Catholic for many years may already know the prayers by heart, so maybe this gift wouldn’t be so welcome.
 
My daughter at the age of 8 saved up her own money and bought me a statue of the Blessed Mother - I love it. It’s about 15 inches tall, all white, we keep it where we can see it!
 
How about a biography of St. Gianna Beretta Molla? I’m sure that St. Gianna’s story… would especially touch the heart of any mother.

God bless you.
 
I got my mom and dad statues of The Virgin Mary and St. Joseph. I give you permission to plagiarize me. 😉
 
Take what you know about her spirituality and look for gifts based on that. With my mother for instance, I try to get things related to Eucharistic Adoration, or the Last Supper, or the Divine Mercy Chaplet because I know how much a part of her those things are.

Think about what devotions your mother might have. If you cannot think of any, maybe go with a nice little statue of Christ or the Virgin Mary. Things like that, most Catholic mothers are going to appreciate.
 
Hi,

I think silver or gold earrings or necklaces are the best option to gift your mother because it complement all
styles of jewelry pieces and clothing. They present a beautiful picture of unity and eternal love.
 
Hi,

I think silver or gold earrings or necklaces are the best option to gift your mother because it complement all
styles of jewelry pieces and clothing. They present a beautiful picture of unity and eternal love.
The fact that you’re SELLING them probably doesn’t hurt either! 😉 amirite?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top