C
CB_Catholic
Guest
If you ever did a Saintâs name search, or a name search that included variations, youâd be surprised at how many names are variations on a Saintâs name. My grandaughter is named Audrey, and I just thought it was an old-fashioned English name, not connected with a Saint. I looked it up in a Saintâs name index and to my surprise there was a St. Audrey, which is the diminutive form of Ethelreda, an Anglo-Saxon princess who became a Saint. So your favorite names just might well be connected with some less-well-known Saint, but be a diminutive form of their name, or maybe a foreign translation.I want to name my daughter Magdalena Marie but only because I love love love Mary Magdalen and Our Blessed Mother.
I prefer the names Tyler, Aiden, Hagen, Hayden, Jadon etc⌠for boys⌠none of those are Christian names⌠that I know of.
And of course, when you baptize a baby and give him or her a name, that name becomes a Christian name, because it belongs to a Christian now.