Whats taking Jesus so long?

• Thread starter Thread starter Nobody2
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nobody2

Its been a long time since he left. I forget which saint he told this too but he told a saint when appearing to her that he will return soon. And the saint was nowhere near the 20th century. Now im not complaining at all. Just wondering why you guys think he’s yet to return. I find myself being a bit (name removed by moderator)atient because I wanna meet him already 😂

I fail to see how two thousand years is a long time in a universe that’s billions upon billions of years old

[2 Peter 3:8]

But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Peter says He is patient so that any whom His Will is to have them come to repentance and salvation before Judgement may have the chance to do so.

If He had turned around and come right back, wouldn’t a lot of us just nevet get to exist?

He’s been hiding in the tabernacles throughout the world for centuries. Coming back? he never left! lol The Prisoner of love!

He’s Returning … in a manner 1000 times as Bright as when He Resurrected.

The Church’s ultimate trial

**[675] Before Christ’s second coming the Church must pass through a final trial that will shake the faith of many believers.574 The persecution that accompanies her pilgrimage on earth575 will unveil the “mystery of iniquity” in the form of a religious deception offering men an apparent solution to their problems at the price of apostasy from the truth. The supreme religious deception is that of the Antichrist, a pseudo-messianism by which man glorifies himself in place of God and of his Messiah come in the flesh.576

**[676] The Antichrist’s deception already begins to take shape in the world every time the claim is made to realize within history that messianic hope which can only be realized beyond history through the eschatological judgment. The Church has rejected even modified forms of this falsification of the kingdom to come under the name of millenarianism,577 especially the “intrinsically perverse” political form of a secular messianism.578

**[677] The Church will enter the glory of the kingdom only through this final Passover, when she will follow her Lord in his death and Resurrection.579 The kingdom will be fulfilled, then, not by a historic triumph of the Church through a progressive ascendancy, but only by God’s victory over the final unleashing of evil, which will cause his Bride to come down from heaven.580 God’s triumph over the revolt of evil will take the form of the Last Judgment after the final cosmic upheaval of this passing world.581

How many milennia occurred between the fall of Adam and Eve, when He was first promised to them, and His first appearance?

2,000 years is not as long.

The Old Testament is very interesting on so many levels. If you think of Moses and his time before the Israelites were allowed to leave, this I think points forward in time to when Christ comes again. The glorious second coming we yearn for. We certainly are experiencing every kind of plague right now aren’t we, like in Moses time? But something that is very key, which makes me pay attention that now is a very important time, is that the first born of Egypt die on the night of Passover, while the Israelites, with the blood of the lambs marking their door posts, are passed over. What’s so interesting about this today? Today we see the first born of those who do not follow God’s way being killed by abortion. Never have we seen in the history of mankind the first born being killed like today, in the millions. That should make Christians pay attention, and keep their lamps lit for the arrival of the bridegroom.

Recently we found this tv show hosted by a Christian reverend, who reads passages in the Old Testament regarding the Jews, and what he sees is happening today. How the Jews would be dispersed throughout the world, and God says through the prophets that He will gather them back to the land He promised them. This has happened in the last century, Jews returning from all over the world, and Israel, the promised land, has become a ‘Jewish state’. From wikipedia…
Modern Israel came into existence on 14 May 1948 as the homeland for the Jewish people. It was also defined in its declaration of independence as a “Jewish state,” a term that appeared in the United Nations partition decision of 1947 as well.
That is amazing. The hand of God.
They came from all over the world. Because they spoke the language of the country they were living in, it seems that they made the decision to all speak Hebrew. Hebrew was a ‘dead language’, it was for the scriptures but not used in daily interaction. It would be like Latin. For prayers and ceremonies but not every day usage. So people struggled to learn this ancient language so that their children would grow up with it and have it as their mother tongue. That is amazing. That should give you chills. It’s like the prophecy of Ezekiel, as he watched the valley full of dry bones come together, with a clatter!, and God put on muscle and skin and breathed into them his spirit. Today, in the market places in Jerusalem, Jews and their children are there in great numbers and speaking Hebrew. Wow. That has not been seen since the time of Christ.

The tv show, which is also on the internet…
(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

So all these things, of the Old Testament and New, and coming into reality right before our eyes. Like old dry bones pulling together with a clatter!
Ezekiel 37:1-14

Last edited:
You never know when you will die and you won’t live two thousand years so be ready.

I don’t know about 2,000 years but Noah’s grandfather Methuselah lived 969 years 😉

Death and change is certain, we will all find out what happens afterward. No need to rush things. Enjoy what this life has to offer while you’re here. I haven’t seen enough if the good things in this world yet. Enjoy the wait.
Dominus vobiscum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back