Whats taking Jesus so long?

• Thread starter Thread starter Nobody2
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus did give clear warnings against setting a time for His coming again:
But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only. (Matthew 24:36 RSV-CE)
Nevertheless, one passage in Scripture does give us something about what measurement God is using to set the timing:
When [the Lamb] opened the fifth seal, [John] saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the witness they had borne; they cried out with a loud voice, “O Sovereign Lord, holy and true, how long before thou wilt judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell upon the earth?” Then they were each given a white robe and told to rest a little longer, until the number of their fellow servants and their brethren should be complete, who were to be killed as they themselves had been. (Revelation 6:9-11 RSV-CE)

Last edited:
Jesus did give clear warnings against setting a time for His coming again:
But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only. (Matthew 24:36 RSV-CE)
“Warnings” and “day and hour” are two separate subjects.

The Bible gives us a plethora of Warnings and Signs which herald the coming of JESUS

_

Yes Seventh Day Adventist - they kind of believe that Jesus is waiting somewhere in the heavenly tabernacles.

I’m a Catholic. I didn’t know I sounded like an SDA since I had no clue what they believed. lol

They have some strange beliefs. I think Ellen White and her predecessor claimed Christ would return and since he didn’t they did the same thing as the JW’S. Just fabricate a teaching that Christ did return but is waiting in limbo - a heavenly tabernacle, until the ‘end’.

I think she was refering to Eucharistic Jesus in the Altar’s Tabernacle.

Jesus is beyond time. What might seem like 2,000 years to us is a matter of seconds to Jesus.

Its been a long time since he left. I forget which saint he told this too but he told a saint when appearing to her that he will return soon. And the saint was nowhere near the 20th century. Now im not complaining at all. Just wondering why you guys think he’s yet to return. I find myself being a bit (name removed by moderator)atient because I wanna meet him already 😂
Mercy. If the Father is holding the Day of Judgment back, it is surely because He is merciful.

Actually, many saints in centuries past expected the Second Coming in our days, not theirs. There is a popular theory among Jews and Christians alike that the world would last for 6000 years from the creation of Adam. Some even broke it down as 2000 years from Adam to Abraham, 2000 from Abraham to the Messiah, and 2000 for the Age of the Messiah until Judgment Day.

Speculation… to a point. Some shall know the Season

Last edited:
Just wondering why you guys think he’s yet to return.
well if a day is like 1000 years to God, I’m guessing He’s waiting for the Star Trek generation to begin before He returns. Now that would be cool… to be able to go where no man has gone before. 😆 I’m just kidding, please don’t attack me asking, Why does God need us to go where no man has gone before.

No one knows when He’ll return, but the waiting is kind of feeling of exciting and frustration, mixed in with a little crazy… isn’t it?

No one knows when He’ll return, but the waiting is kind of feeling of exciting and frustration, mixed in with a little crazy… isn’t it?
No on the crazy

More and more = Talk of the coming Messiah is increasing from both Jews and Christians…
It’s based upon info to be gleaned from Scriptures
Their POV varies in some significant manners…

Some Jews and “Christian Zionists” - templeinstitute dot org
Some Christians stick to the Prophecies concerning events associated w/Jesus’ Return

Just Be Ready Today… 🙂

Last edited:
Actually, many saints in centuries past expected the Second Coming in our days, not theirs. There is a popular theory among Jews and Christians alike that the world would last for 6000 years from the creation of Adam. Some even broke it down as 2000 years from Adam to Abraham, 2000 from Abraham to the Messiah, and 2000 for the Age of the Messiah until Judgment Day.
That’s correct and a common theory which brings the season of the Lord’s return between 2030 and 2033. My guess is 2031.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back