What's the deal with reparations?

  • Thread starter Thread starter la_petit_fleur
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

la_petit_fleur

Guest
I want to shorten other people’s (and my) time in purgatory, I want the conversion of sinners, I want to make up for the indifference and offences against Jesus and Mary. That’s one of the reasons I say the morning offering.

So I thought, if a little is good more must be better. I’d really like to convert a lot of sinners. So I read Sr. Lucia’s writings about Fatima, and I thought, ok, Mary says to pray this, I’m going to pray it whenever I encounter any small cross.
O Jesus, this is for the love of Thee, in reparation for the offences committed against the Immaculate Heart of Mary, and for the conversion of poor sinners.
So I’ve been trying. Like this morning I had a bloody nose, and I started to pray it, and I felt like a loon. Not only that but trying to make a tiny dent in all the offences to God. Feels pretty daunting.

I was trying to find more info about all this in the CCC, but I couldn’t really come up with much.

Do any of you actually try to offer up every tiny thing as a reparation? Advice? Hints? Help?
 
Last edited:
One Morning Offering per day offers up everything for the day. Then you don’t have to say the prayer every time some little thing happens. Just think in your head you’re offering it up.
If it’s something really annoying, I’ll say, Jesus, I offer this up for the poor souls and I think it should be worth 2 souls!
 
Do any of you actually try to offer up every tiny thing as a reparation?
I do pray for salvation of “me & my house”, then my friends and relatives, people around me, and other people, example: aborted children and conversion of people and so on.

I don’t use any “scripts” of prayers from saints.
I did that a long long time ago, when I was teen and in my early twenties. I don’t anymore.

I prefer to speak directly to Him as My Father. I feel closer to Him this way.
 
We should unite all things in Christ. Raymond Leo Cardinal Burke (a very honourable man) has a book with this name.

Many great saints offered up their suffering for the conversion of souls. Suffering is redemptive. The resurrected Lord is our divine example. He suffered crucifixion, and was resurrected.

If you suffer, even just a nose bleed, then you too can bring eternal life to the souls most in need.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top