T
Truth_Faith13
Guest
A combination of reading the other thread on Angels and watching the UK TV series “afterlife” (about a medium and a psychologist) got me thinking.
If I am correct, the CC definitely believes in Angels, that we all have our own guardian angels which are there to guide us etc. We are not supposed to go out of our way to contact them, but at times God may permit an Angel to appear to a person. Obviously they are not to be worshipped.
Saints and family members who have passed on can ask God as intercession for prayers for us as God is the God of the living not the dead.
I’m not sure on the churches position on “ghosts” - don’t exist? Demons? Deceased relatives?
Mediums, occult etc are big no nos…
However my question is, if we can ask deceased people for their intercession, why are mediums a no no? It seems quite a grey, overlapping area which I’m not sure on?
Where is the line?
If I am correct, the CC definitely believes in Angels, that we all have our own guardian angels which are there to guide us etc. We are not supposed to go out of our way to contact them, but at times God may permit an Angel to appear to a person. Obviously they are not to be worshipped.
Saints and family members who have passed on can ask God as intercession for prayers for us as God is the God of the living not the dead.
I’m not sure on the churches position on “ghosts” - don’t exist? Demons? Deceased relatives?
Mediums, occult etc are big no nos…
However my question is, if we can ask deceased people for their intercession, why are mediums a no no? It seems quite a grey, overlapping area which I’m not sure on?
Where is the line?