What's the most romantic thing you've done for your girlfriend/wife?

  • Thread starter Thread starter AllSeasons
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AllSeasons

Guest
Or what’s the most romantic thing your boyfriend/husband has done for you?
 
I bought her a vacuum cleaner for Christmas.

Before you get all up in arms, it was a really good one!👍
 
Marrying me. Loving me through the years, in sickness and in health, etc.
:love: ❤️ :love: ❤️ :love:
 
I bought her a vacuum cleaner for Christmas.

Before you get all up in arms, it was a really good one!👍
The** real** present would be if you were the only one to use it! Seriously, guys–household appliances are NOT presents!!! It’s just stuff you need anyway.

Egads, what’s an anniversary present? A toilet plunger? 🙂

Jewelry
Clothes
Perfume
Other stuff she actually likes that is PERSONAL!!! 🙂
 
This might sound – I don’t know… korny? Anyway, after years of receiving her complaints that I don’t listen… that I don’t really listen, and then I’d get all defensive about it. I somehow got around to actually listening to her. It’s amazing, really. One thing just leads to another. 🙂
 
My fiancée and I are very far from each other due she having to finish her college degree, and I am currently working in Singapore. We are miles apart. I remember when I packed everything, I decided not to take my bible, because I said I will just buy another one in Singapore. I arrived and weeks went by, and she packed a Bible, and wrote me a letter, and sent me a postcard, and it arrived in few weeks. I was so surprised when it all arrived. The letter and the postcard had her perfume scent :D. She is such a great Fiancée!. I love her very much!.
 
When my husband and I had been on a few dates, we were sitting in a restaurant. Knowing he’s a baseball fan, I said, “doesn’t the World Series begin soon?” He answered, “Yeah, it’s on tonight.” Now, my Daddy raised me right in that you never make a man miss the Superbowl or the World Series. I became uncomfortable feeling like I was making him miss the game, so I said we needed to go to a sports bar so he could see the game. He just calmly said that he didn’t want to watch the game because he would rather sit in that restaurant with me. A second later it sunk in that he asked me on a date for the same night and time of a World Series game. Then I was all ❤️

I was just thinking about this since the World Series was on tonight.
 
When my husband and I had been on a few dates, we were sitting in a restaurant. Knowing he’s a baseball fan, I said, “doesn’t the World Series begin soon?” He answered, “Yeah, it’s on tonight.” Now, my Daddy raised me right in that you never make a man miss the Superbowl or the World Series. I became uncomfortable feeling like I was making him miss the game, so I said we needed to go to a sports bar so he could see the game. He just calmly said that he didn’t want to watch the game because he would rather sit in that restaurant with me. A second later it sunk in that he asked me on a date for the same night and time of a World Series game. Then I was all ❤️

I was just thinking about this since the World Series was on tonight.
This is just beautiful 😃

I did something similar to my Fiancée, but with a ring. I bough her a promise ring: white gold, and ruby (heart shaped). Her favorite color is red, and I always tell her that she has my heart on her hands. I remember when I gave her the ring, she was so happy!, but she was even happier after a week later she figure out why it was a ruby, and why it was heart shaped 😃
 
Seriously, guys–household appliances are NOT presents!!! It’s just stuff you need anyway.
Household appliances are presents if you know that is what your wife wants. My husband did get me a Dyson. 😉 I think of him fondly every time I empty the cup. 🙂
 
The** real** present would be if you were the only one to use it! Seriously, guys–household appliances are NOT presents!!! It’s just stuff you need anyway.

Egads, what’s an anniversary present? A toilet plunger? 🙂

Jewelry
Clothes
Perfume
Other stuff she actually likes that is PERSONAL!!! 🙂
Really like you generally Triumph, but a vacuum cleaner???:eek::nope:
I’m joking of course!😛

And if it were true, what do you think my LEAST romantic would be:confused:😃

Most romantic gift would be among:

A night in the Banff Springs Hotel

Pearls for Christmas

Sushi by moonlight on a beach in Maui (with no kids around!)

👍
 
I really like the Banff Springs idea - really beautiful scenery. Sushi on Maui is a good idea, but with the trades, likely to get a bit sandy :), How about sushi at Sansei instead. Really good stuff. Or, have the tuna carpaccio - had it a few times and actually dream about that stuff.

Most romantic thing my husband has done for me is kiss me every time he left the house. I cannot really remember a time he did not. And we have been married a bit over 45 years. That includes times that we were at odds with each other, or when I am sure he did not really feel like it.
 
You made me think: what I think is romantic, and what my wife thinks are probably very different.

Possibly letting her sleep in on weekends while I look after the kids would be her choice;)
 
This might sound – I don’t know… korny? Anyway, after years of receiving her complaints that I don’t listen… that I don’t really listen, and then I’d get all defensive about it. I somehow got around to actually listening to her. It’s amazing, really. One thing just leads to another. 🙂
Now this man gets it.

Seriously, I couldn’t care less about things anymore…when my husband shows he’s trying ot be a better man and husband that is more than enough gift.

Of course, I’m trying to be a better woman and wife too. 😉
 
Most romantic gift would be among:

A night in the Banff Springs Hotel

Pearls for Christmas

Sushi by moonlight on a beach in Maui (with no kids around!)

👍
NOW you’re talkin"! 👍

In 17 days…
(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)
Yes!! You sir, are a gentleman and a prince among men. 👍
🙂 I have my moments. They may not be many, but I do have them.😉
 
Or what’s the most romantic thing your boyfriend/husband has done for you?
A former could have been played a computer game with me over the network for 9 hours straight, I think that was the longest although not the only event of that kind. I played a lot of computer games as a student. I also remember a different ex-girlfriend waking up early in the morning just to see me off when I went to the hospital for a surgery. Another could-have-been, and that was after she gave me the LJBF, stood and made some commotion in court (highest tier of appeal actually) in order to pass some vital information to me when I was losing a pro se case and in the process of annoying three high-level black robes. It was believed remarkable by those who saw it.

I am always moved that way by hospitality and by justice in dealing with another human as shown by the lady. Quite old-fashioned values that tend to get forgotten. Another such thing is suffering some inconvenience in an altruistic way to make time to meet up or to continue spending time together, such as e.g. going on despite tiredness or ignoring a small degree of pain for the sake of continuing to share mutual company as seen as a greater good. This “your company > my (slight) headache / bad weather / etc.” valuation is a very romantic thing from my perspective, both in theory and in practice (judging my reactions from a time perspective, not just what I think I like right now). It’s connected with class generosity and it always entails a sacrifice or at least expending some effort, thinking outside the box, challenging the status quo.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top