V
vince2paul
Guest
Few days ago I had a discussion with my newly revert friend. We were discussing about salvation and I explained to her that in Catholic Church there’s no guarantee that you are saved, because she still has prostestant mind that once you believe in Jesus, you are saved. So her understanding is that as long as you believe in Jesus you will go to heaven/purgatory. I told her that even though purgatory exists, but hell does exist also. So there’s possibility for Catholic to go to heaven, purgatory or hell. I believe no one really knows where they go when they die.
However, I explained that as long as we do what we are supposed to do, we shouldn’t be afraid of where we will be going when we die. I gave an example of students having examination; as long as the students studyhard and prepare well, they shouldn’t be worried of failing the exam.
However, I explained that as long as we do what we are supposed to do, we shouldn’t be afraid of where we will be going when we die. I gave an example of students having examination; as long as the students studyhard and prepare well, they shouldn’t be worried of failing the exam.
- What’s the purpose of being a Catholic if there’s no guarantee that we will be saved?