What's up with the One eyed gesture?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ElectricBlue
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting I didn’t know that Freud’s was disproved.
His Wikipedia article is a good launching pad. His philosophy obviously is not the question here, but rather his science. He has contributed some good things, but the science is very shoddy.

Also, articles.latimes.com/2004/feb/18/opinion/oe-dufresne18
psychology.about.com/od/sigmundfreud/p/sigmund_freud.htm
skepdic.com/psychoan.html
also i saw another one about how hitler used both occult and mind control on torture victims to change the way they behaved and thought.
I have not heard of this documentary. What mechanism did he use?
Do you know anything about that?
See above.

I think we are veering away from the main point: there is no scientific evidence whatsoever that celebrities covers their eyes (even if they all do it together) has any effect whatsoever on our minds. Scientific evidence to the contrary appreciated.
 
It is supposed to be the Eye Of Horus, which an Occult/Pagan/Satanic symbol.

Most who are in the “know” about industry symbolism know this.

There ya go.
 
I was wondering what views are out there concerning the prevalence in the media of a particular gesture by artists and celebrities and stuff.

He/She covers one eye or make the A-ok hand gesture over one or both eyes. What does this mean and why can this deliberate gesture be seen being performed by so many people?

Is it some religious sign/symbol or something and if so what does it mean? If not then what is it all about? I would appreciate a serious response to this please:

Here is an example here

and another here
Might I suggest an alternative theory. We live in the digital age, and the gesture may be an expression of binary code. Eye is open… eye is closed.

puddlegum.net/radiohead-01-and-10/

puddlegum.net/radiohead-1010101010/

In essence, the person may be saying “I’m okay/ alive”. This would consistent with Lady Gaga’s theme of self acceptance that is often expressed in her music. This is not to say the gesture wasn’t inspired by things from popular culture like the “eye of horus”.
 
I found this article here. While I do not support or agree with the writer’s religious/spiritual views, he presents his views in the most unbiased way I have read so far.
 
I found this article here. While I do not support or agree with the writer’s religious/spiritual views, he presents his views in the most unbiased way I have read so far.
This is pretty much in line with my thinking. However, like you, I also disagree with his view that these symbols are of benevolent origin. As I said, I don’t dismiss occult practice right out, but I think more than any esoteric power, it’s the exaltation, glorification and symbolic deification of these people. The greater the spectacle, the greater the allure. But regardless of the"active agent," be it demonic forces or simple subliminal influence (which is where I place my bets), the results are the same: these celebrities are being turned into demigods. Our Holy Father himself has been very critical of the idolatrous nature of pop music, and particularly pop concerts (he calls it, “the worship of banality.” One of the many reasons I love the man. ;))

Long story short, however you choose to look at our celebrity culture, it’s the work of the devil.
 
It started in 2008 with Lady Gaga’s video for “Just Dance”. Since then it has caught on in popular culture. Typically it refers to the Eye of Horus which, curiously enough, appears of the $1 bill.
 
Okay, the serious response is:
Lady Gaga frequently uses the “Eye of Horus” gesture, symbolic of the All-Seeing Eye (her left eye is in her hand, it can look like the A-ok sign). Supposedly it goes back to ancient occult practises. I’d link to the website but I’m not positive that its appropriate…😉 You could do a google search for one of those terms to learn more.
Thank you finally an educated, genuine answer. I’m constantly dismayed at the ignorance many Christians exhibit regarding the new world order. they seem to wilfully ignore it when it is the embodiment of Satanism on earth. They are fulfilling biblical prophecy by attempting to implant everyone with a chip (the mark of the beast), setting brother against brother across the world, dividing nations, orchestrating false flag terrorism (yes 911 was scientifically proven to be a controlled demolition and thus an inside job) attempting to destroy Christianity as it is antithetical to the darwinian, relative morality they preach.

Know thine enemy Christians. We should familiarise ourselves with the occult symbolism and ethos of the Satanic Illuminati. The old Kabballah and babylonan mysteries are the foundation.
 
Know thine enemy Christians. We should familiarise ourselves with the occult symbolism and ethos of the Satanic Illuminati. The old Kabballah and babylonan mysteries are the foundation.
The only ‘enemy’ I see that’s harming Christianity is the group of people who actually take symbolism seriously. It’s not dogma people. Move along. 👍
 
And we’re reviving a two-year dormant thread because…?:confused:
You’re right. I should have seen that.

Looking at what was written by the person who revived it, I sense a drive-by troll in our midst.

Still, the picture of JPII is sooo funny!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top