What's wrong with marrying a non-virgin?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DlandFan06
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing. The only thing wrong is the bizarre and sinful thinking of others. But then do all the paedophiles who believe they are priests also believe they are virgins. Probably.
 
Nothing wrong with it at all.

If there is…then whats the point of being Catholic if forgiveness just doesn’t matter that much?

What’s the point of converting to Catholicism and making a genuine effort to live according to the Church teachings when you’re already damaged goods.

I’ve had numerous sexual sins in my past but I’ve converted, confessed and deeply regretted my past. My husband has as well.

However, according to some holier than thou folks…my husband will probably commit adultery and we’ll get a divorce despite the fact that we’ve asked for forgiveness and actually lived a Chaste life before our marriage…even if it was only for about 6 months or so.
 
If they are repentant, have sought out confession, and desire to live chastely until marriage I don’t see any problems with it.
40.png
DlandFan06:
Is there something wrong with marrying a non-virgin?
…only if their current attitude to sex is out of line with the Church.

or if you personally can’t handle their past.
I second this.
 
Nothing wrong with it at all.

If there is…then whats the point of being Catholic if forgiveness just doesn’t matter that much?

What’s the point of converting to Catholicism and making a genuine effort to live according to the Church teachings when you’re already damaged goods.

I’ve had numerous sexual sins in my past but I’ve converted, confessed and deeply regretted my past. My husband has as well.

However, according to some holier than thou folks…my husband will probably commit adultery and we’ll get a divorce despite the fact that we’ve asked for forgiveness and actually lived a Chaste life before our marriage…even if it was only for about 6 months or so.
I second you completely. It’s amazing how some people devaluate the Sacraments and God’s forgiveness (and even more, God’s ability to restore and even improve us through His Grace) without even noticing the consequences of what they’re saying.
 
Umm… not sure if you’re being sarcastic and just joking or not and think that’s true, but there was no Pope Pius XXVII. The last Pope Pius was Pope Pius XII. And there is only one unforgivable sin, blaspheming of the Holy Spirit.
I think he was the pope who owned a 1996 Jeep Wrangler. 😉

Anyway, I don’t believe it is sinful to marry a non-virgin. Everyone marries sinners and everyone is one. 🤷
 
There is nothing wrong with marrying a non virgin. It would however be best if you could find a male or female virgin. The older you get, the harder that becomes. In this wilderness of sin, if you find purity before marriage, you are very blessed.How I wish I could have found one woman to love who I could have been exclusively intimate with.
 
Good Morning,

There is nothing wrong with marrying a non-virgin. Maybe the woman is a widow with children or the man is a widower with children.
 
Nothing wrong with it at all.

If there is…then whats the point of being Catholic if forgiveness just doesn’t matter that much?

What’s the point of converting to Catholicism and making a genuine effort to live according to the Church teachings when you’re already damaged goods.

I’ve had numerous sexual sins in my past but I’ve converted, confessed and deeply regretted my past. My husband has as well.

However, according to some holier than thou folks…my husband will probably commit adultery and we’ll get a divorce despite the fact that we’ve asked for forgiveness and actually lived a Chaste life before our marriage…even if it was only for about 6 months or so.
You mean to tell me that you and your husband aren’t struggling enormously to remain faithful? You guys aren’t out every night looking for action because you weren’t virgins when you married? Like, you might actually, I don’t know, love each other?

Well now I’ve heard everything!
 
You mean to tell me that you and your husband aren’t struggling enormously to remain faithful? You guys aren’t out every night looking for action because you weren’t virgins when you married? Like, you might actually, I don’t know, love each other?

Well now I’ve heard everything!
I know…crazy!

😉
 
However, according to some holier than thou folks…my husband will probably commit adultery and we’ll get a divorce despite the fact that we’ve asked for forgiveness and actually lived a Chaste life before our marriage…even if it was only for about 6 months or so.
I read that thread. The only problems you have are reading comprehension and taking other people’s views in bad faith. I know you want certain views to be “extreme” and ridiculous, so you twist the words, alter the meanings, and misrepresent the arguments. It’s a classic move of someone who is afraid of the validity of the other’s viewpoint.
 
I read that thread. The only problems you have are reading comprehension and taking other people’s views in bad faith. I know you want certain views to be “extreme” and ridiculous, so you twist the words, alter the meanings, and misrepresent the arguments. It’s a classic move of someone who is afraid of the validity of the other’s viewpoint.
Reading comprehension?

The poster never explained why the sacraments can’t work to change people’s hearts. The the sacraments like reconcilliation and the Eucharist are weapons against the devil, as is prayer and the rosary.

Why anyone who has a sexual past and began to receive the sacraments can’t have a total change of heart and lose the desire to sin sexually and give themselves to Jesus instead.

The only argument that was presented was what I wrote…based on statistics and studies given, men who have sinned sexually prior to marriage were more likely to sin again in the form of adultery.

My argument is…that may or may not be true but I want to see those statistics hold up against men who frequent daily Mass, adoration, prayer and receive the sacraments regularly.

If the argument still stands…then what hope is there for Catholic reverts/converts?
 
Fine…I’ll bite…

Chevellresse…or however you spell that user name…are you now WillyonWheels?
 
Fine…I’ll bite…

Chevellresse…or however you spell that user name…are you now WillyonWheels?
What do you mean you’ll bite? The question was never asked. When someone says that, they’re replying to a suggestion of it. It’s simply a straw man to draw attention away from the validity of my argument.
 
What do you mean you’ll bite? The question was never asked. When someone says that, they’re replying to a suggestion of it. It’s simply a straw man to draw attention away from the validity of my argument.
Yep, everyone’s favorite troll is definitely back. This time to attack rape victims.

( No really, check out her post history.)

At this point the best thing to do is to ignore this poster.
 
I read over that thread and chose to stay out of it because you know who was involved. But I am sorry for the way you were treated in a public forum over something so personal.

I also have a theory that a lot of those virginity threads that have popped up recently made by someone with one post are by the same person to bait others in to arguments. She seems obsessed.
 
I read over that thread and chose to stay out of it because you know who was involved. But I am sorry for the way you were treated in a public forum over something so personal.

I also have a theory that a lot of those virginity threads that have popped up recently made by someone with one post are by the same person to bait others in to arguments. She seems obsessed.
It isn’t the first time on this forum I have had an attack of this sort over my rape and situations surrounding it. I am used to it and having to fight to have something done with it.Ya. I agree. Too bad that nothing has been done about it yet, but if enough of us report her, something will be done.
 
It isn’t the first time on this forum I have had an attack of this sort over my rape and situations surrounding it. I am used to it and having to fight to have something done with it.Ya. I agree. Too bad that nothing has been done about it yet, but if enough of us report her, something will be done.
Another report made.

And Chevalreese no accusations of “white-knighting” there sweetheart. My propensity for outing and exterminating trolls knows no gender bounds.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top