What's Wrong with NAB?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DJ_Pius_X
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t get past that the NABRE has “Hail, favored one” at Luke 1:28, and at Is. 7:14 has “young woman” instead of virgin. How is this a Catholic bible??
The Jerusalem Bible, New Jerusalem Bible and the NAB; these are not Catholic Bibles?
 
I can’t get past that the NABRE has “Hail, favored one” at Luke 1:28, and at Is. 7:14 has “young woman” instead of virgin. How is this a Catholic bible??
I agree. Marian theology is an important part of Church teaching and should be reflected accordingly in a Catholic bible. Also, regarding Isaiah 7:14, Christocetricity ought to trump everything else. There just is something missing in the “Catholicness” of this translation.
 
I found this ODD footnote today reading my NABRE:

According to Luke, the virginal conception of Jesus takes place through the Holy Spirit, the power of God, and THEREFORE Jesus has a unique relationship to Yahweh: he is Son of God.

:eek:
 
OK. Someone quoted a Bible on this board that had “bottles” instead of “wineskins.”

My bad.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top