Whats yours???

  • Thread starter Thread starter trish_scotland
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I am too much of a foodaholic. Now I’m not overweight, I just have such a verity I like that it is hard to pick a favorite. I guess I’d have to say sashimi, but that coveres a lot of fish 😃
 
Mmm. . . Swiss Chicken. Tender, marinated chunks of chicken breast smothered in my mom’s homemade garlic cream sauce with melted swiss cheese and barely-crunchy, buttery stuffing on top. And homemade yeast rolls.
 
Haven’t seen this thread in a while. I’ve been sick the last couple weeks, living on chicken noodle soup and scrambled eggs. I have a craving for pork steak from a particular restaurant in St. Louis County called Pennies. They serve a huge pork steak that looks like a roast and turns out to be at least 3 meals for even a big eater like me, with a couple sides, for about $13. Everything they serve is huge. They have chicken or pork kebobs, only meat, that would easily feed 2 people and you would bring something home with you anyway. My mother and I used to share either the pork steak or pork chops and get an extra salad and potato. Even a grilled chicken sandwich is big enough for 2. My scrapbooking buddies and I used to go there a lot, but life gets in the way lately.

I love most Chinese food, but not anything spicy, and I don’t like curry at all. I used to eat a lot more adventurously when we lived in New York. In my Queens neighborhood there was Thai, Korean, all kinds of Spanish types of food and a bunch of Cuban Chinese restaurants. Even though that just sounds too spicy for a wienie like me, they’re very accommodating. They were usually little hole in the wall places with a sign that said something like Comidas Y China…it’s been about 25 years so that’s probably not quite right. But it was very good stuff, blending two types of foods I really liked, as long as it was “blanded down” for me.

Sigh. I guess I’ll go boil some water for more chicken noodle soup.
 
my own homemade whole wheat and oat bread – soft, fluffy, yum – toasted and spread with peanut butter and blueberry preserves from france or nutella, and a big mug of coffee with a bit of homemade cocoa mix stirred in. simple pleasures.
 
*Faves:

Really well made sushi rolls
Homemade manicotti, (homemade pasta shells)
Homemade bread
NY style pizza
Homemade granola ‘bark’
Homemade cannolis…traditional
Arabic/middle eastern food, made really well…tabouleh, lamb kabobs, grapeleaves stuffed with meat and rice, etc…oooohhh yeeeeaaahhh…you get the point. 😃 😉*
 
my own homemade whole wheat and oat bread – soft, fluffy, yum – toasted and spread with peanut butter and blueberry preserves from france or nutella, and a big mug of coffee with a bit of homemade cocoa mix stirred in. simple pleasures.
I love cocoa made with coffee. People at work laugh at me, but they’re afraid to try! That was a big date thing when I was in high school and college. A restaurant we loved made Chocolachino Coffee, or some name like that, and it seems very sophisticated to us. Even if you use the sugar free cocoa mix, it’s still good stuff.
 
Maine Clam Bake (with Lobster) enjoyed outside on the beach. Nothing better.
 
It changes, but some of the constants are:

A nice teak, cooked medium well and crispy on the outside, with a baked potato on the side. OR a really good Chicago-style pizza with just cheese and pepperoni as toppings.

Right now I’m pregnant and my tastes are sort of evolving by the week. Right now, I’m loving some spicy Mexican food, especially chips and salsa. I could eat it all day.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top