Whattt??? :o

  • Thread starter Thread starter scimitar60
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scimitar60

Guest
Hi, sorry still new posting here;feel free to move if in wrong place admins ;). Well, anyways, today I was in the car driving to the shop and I saw a sign on a house on the way there. It read, ‘Jesus is coming, VERY SOON!’. I thought to myself; How do they know this? Are we supposed to be happy about this? Are we supposed to criticise this? What are your (name removed by moderator)uts. It seems there are alot of christians nowadays saying that Catholics “are going to hell” and that “THE TIME HAS COME”. Whatever that means.😉
 
Hi, sorry still new posting here;feel free to move if in wrong place admins ;). Well, anyways, today I was in the car driving to the shop and I saw a sign on a house on the way there. It read, ‘Jesus is coming, VERY SOON!’. I thought to myself; How do they know this? Are we supposed to be happy about this? Are we supposed to criticise this? What are your (name removed by moderator)uts. It seems there are alot of christians nowadays saying that Catholics “are going to hell” and that “THE TIME HAS COME”. Whatever that means.😉
We should be always ready for his return. Soon is a relative term when talking about God and his concept of time. Christ could return today or not for another 2000 years, but we should always be ready for his return. Christ himself says in the gospel as much.
 
He is coming very soon. This generation might see him! 🙂

I think we should be happy about this.
 
He is coming very soon. This generation might see him! 🙂

I think we should be happy about this.
It’s certainly possible, but the theology upon which Protestants who believe Jesus is coming in our generation is quite faulty. It’s based on stringing together random Bible verses to try to make a cogent argument for this theory. Of course, since those who support this exegesis have been doing it since the 19th century, it doesn’t seem to be a good one–Jesus was supposed to have come, according to this idea, several times over by now.

When I was in the Assemblies of God in the 1960’s-70’s, we were told that the founding of the State of Israel was the event that the Book of Revelation was referring to for sure, so Jesus was supposed to come within 40 years of its founding in 1948. Well, as we all know 1988 has come and gone and no Second Coming.

While we are always to be ready for Jesus’ return, we cannot know the day or hour, as Christ himself told us. Trying to deduce when it will be is, to my mind, useless speculation for any practical purposes. Jesus told us to be vigilant and ready–that’s all we need to know.
 
Yeah, I don’t know what protestants believe…there are so many different types with different predictions. No one knows the day or the hour, but I know it’s soon! 😉
 
Yeah, I don’t know what protestants believe…there are so many different types with different predictions. No one knows the day or the hour, but I know it’s soon! 😉
How do you know? Just curious, not being a troll. 🙂

Jesus will come for each of us some day, that’s for sure–on our death beds. 😉 And I would love to see him come within my lifetime too, but at 62 and counting, that seems less and less likely, much less likely than it did when I was in my 20’s.

I think we need to be careful not to let feelings override truth, or common sense. I say :amen: to Jesus coming soon, but I won’t declare he must come when I expect him.
 
How do you know? Just curious, not being a troll. 🙂

Jesus will come for each of us some day, that’s for sure–on our death beds. 😉 And I would love to see him come within my lifetime too, but at 62 and counting, that seems less and less likely, much less likely than it did when I was in my 20’s.

I think we need to be careful not to let feelings override truth, or common sense. I say :amen: to Jesus coming soon, but I won’t declare he must come when I expect him.
Well, I know because time is an illusion. We are always on the cusp of his coming. 🙂

Also, he is present at the Eucharist…and Sunday is only 2 days away! 🙂

Also, we will all see him before too long, as you pointed out, when we pass away from this life.

Also, I pray every day for him to enter my heart.

He’s coming very soon! 😉 Maybe not what you expected, but it’s what I believe! Lot’s of reasons to put a sign outside your door, if you’d like. 🙂

He’s coming very soon, and he’s already here.

(just being playful…I have no idea when the “end of time” will come.)
 
Well, I know because time is an illusion. We are always on the cusp of his coming. 🙂

Also, he is present at the Eucharist…and Sunday is only 2 days away! 🙂

Also, we will all see him before too long, as you pointed out, when we pass away from this life.

Also, I pray every day for him to enter my heart.

He’s coming very soon! 😉 Maybe not what you expected, but it’s what I believe! Lot’s of reasons to put a sign outside your door, if you’d like. 🙂

He’s coming very soon, and he’s already here.

(just being playful…I have no idea when the “end of time” will come.)
Of course, I agree with everything you wrote. I rather doubt the people who put out the sign scimitar60 is referring to had those things in mind, but the “end time” itself. Yes, let us all pray and be faithful and receive the sacraments as a part of his coming. 👍
 
Jesus is very clear about the coming of the Son of Man. No one knows the day or the hour. It may be soon. It may be delayed. Those who assume that Jesus is coming soon may order their lives in such a way that they are not ready for a delayed coming… like the 5 foolish brides maids who did not bring enough oil for their lamps.

Those who claim Jesus is coming soon can’t really know that. Jesus didn’t even know the exact hour. We must maintain our preparation indefinitely.

Jim
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top