R
rayne89
Guest
Ugg…so I found out tonight that a friend has been having an affair with a guy she met online. She’s actually a relative of my best friend who has become sort of part of our circle of women friends. I have known her since we were kids. Her marriage has been rocky for a lot of years…and she has been acting kind of different lately but she’s prone to moodiness so it didn’t throw up any major red flags or anything.
Her husband kicked her out and she is now living at home with her parents. Her son is with her husband. I can’t even imagine what kind of pain her son is going through. Her husband was unfaithful many years ago and they went to counseling and some church group therapy (she’s protestant). She chose to stay in the marriage back then.
Her birthday is at the end of this month and all of us usually get together over dinner for birthdays. I can’t even imagine sharing a meal with her right now. It sounds unchristian but the idea just makes me ill. All her facebook/ myspace comments are all chipper and positive. He status says “in a relationship” instead of married now. She has all this life affirming stuff on her pages -moods like accomplished and confident. Apparently she’s been out of her house for almost three weeks but its just starting to come out now.
I don’t know how to handle this whole thing. The rest of our group of women have very strong feelings about marriage commitment, and the sacredness of marriage. How am I supposed to celebrate with a woman who has just destroyed her family?
Her husband kicked her out and she is now living at home with her parents. Her son is with her husband. I can’t even imagine what kind of pain her son is going through. Her husband was unfaithful many years ago and they went to counseling and some church group therapy (she’s protestant). She chose to stay in the marriage back then.
Her birthday is at the end of this month and all of us usually get together over dinner for birthdays. I can’t even imagine sharing a meal with her right now. It sounds unchristian but the idea just makes me ill. All her facebook/ myspace comments are all chipper and positive. He status says “in a relationship” instead of married now. She has all this life affirming stuff on her pages -moods like accomplished and confident. Apparently she’s been out of her house for almost three weeks but its just starting to come out now.
I don’t know how to handle this whole thing. The rest of our group of women have very strong feelings about marriage commitment, and the sacredness of marriage. How am I supposed to celebrate with a woman who has just destroyed her family?