L
Lead_Me_Home
Guest
I am not in full communion with the Catholic Church yet, because I have to start RCIA and be confirmed, however all of my beliefs are Catholic. I accept all that the Church teaches. I read this quote on the USCC website and was wondering does it only apply to times of emergency?
So if I were ever endanger of dying before going through RCIA although I have every intention of going through it in the future, i could receive the Sacraments of the Church, even Confirmation?
usccb.org/liturgy/q&a/mass/communion.shtmlWhen, in the Ordinary’s judgment, a grave necessity arises, Catholic ministers may give the sacraments of Eucharist, Penance, and Anointing of the Sick to other Christians not in full communion with the Catholic Church, who ask for them of their own will, provided they give evidence of holding the Catholic faith regarding these sacraments and possess the required dispositions. (Catechism of the Catholic Church, number 1401)
So if I were ever endanger of dying before going through RCIA although I have every intention of going through it in the future, i could receive the Sacraments of the Church, even Confirmation?