C
ChadS
Guest
Yes, you are absolutely correct on that point. I was only envisioning a situation where the person may be extremely sick and possibly in danger of death. In that case if the person was living as a Catholic and worshipping as a Catholic, yet not fully confirmed I believe they would be able to receive the sacraments.Chad,
the reason this cannot be is because the Eucharist is a Sacrament of Initiation, and so the first communion of a convert is proper to be within his/her reception into the Church (ie, for LMH, Confirmation).
LMH,
If I remember correctly, there is a provision in Canon Law that those Protestants and Orthodox who believe in the Real Presence as the Catholic Church teaches may recieve the Eucharist in a Catholic Church if there is no other Church or community of their own that they can go to. Otherwise, the same restrictions apply.
ChadS