S
st_felicity
Guest
We had a “Mission” that claimed to be based in Merton’s theological perspective, but it was incredibly vague and had some strangely broad interpretations of Catholic ideas interspersed with Broadway musical renditions sung by the retired priest presenting this program. I was sufficiently dubious to research this particular guest priest because our parish priest is new and I fear it may reflect his leanings.
Anyway–the guest priest is a board member of the ARCC arcc-catholic-rights.net/ . This appears to be a dissident group. I know that one should not assume guilt by association, but it would be terribly imprudent of a priest to invite someone to celebrate Mass and speak to the church in a so-called “Advent Mission” if he is unaware of what that mission might present to his flock. Therefore, I am a bit worried about the future for our parish.
I have never dealt with a situation where I personally experienced immediate questioning of the Catholicity of what may come from the pulpit. Any comments and/or suggestions would be appreciated.
Anyway–the guest priest is a board member of the ARCC arcc-catholic-rights.net/ . This appears to be a dissident group. I know that one should not assume guilt by association, but it would be terribly imprudent of a priest to invite someone to celebrate Mass and speak to the church in a so-called “Advent Mission” if he is unaware of what that mission might present to his flock. Therefore, I am a bit worried about the future for our parish.
I have never dealt with a situation where I personally experienced immediate questioning of the Catholicity of what may come from the pulpit. Any comments and/or suggestions would be appreciated.