A
amis41
Guest
With all the rules and regulations regarding the Commandments, Sacraments, Works of mercy, days of observance, fasting, and so forth, when is a Catholic not in the state of sin?
There is no way under the sun that a person can observe every single rule and sacrament and observance without missing at least half of them at one time or another. “We are all sinners”, I agree with that, but when can one feel that he is not going to Hell for missing out on many of the observances, rules, etc mentioned above, at the time of death, and miss out on Eternal life with Jesus Christ whom he love and prayed to all his life? Some Apologist’s would say if you break the rule, you committed mortal sin, or venal sin. No one can have a perfect score, and Jesus knew this. “I did not come to condemn the world but to save it.”
Thank you for your kind response to this sincere issue. God bless.
rolleyes:
There is no way under the sun that a person can observe every single rule and sacrament and observance without missing at least half of them at one time or another. “We are all sinners”, I agree with that, but when can one feel that he is not going to Hell for missing out on many of the observances, rules, etc mentioned above, at the time of death, and miss out on Eternal life with Jesus Christ whom he love and prayed to all his life? Some Apologist’s would say if you break the rule, you committed mortal sin, or venal sin. No one can have a perfect score, and Jesus knew this. “I did not come to condemn the world but to save it.”
Thank you for your kind response to this sincere issue. God bless.
as I pray the Liturgy of Hours - which I started in February, it is filled with biblical prayer, and can be found on
and thank you. :thankyou::grouphug: