When is un-controlled eating a sin?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GLam8833
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GLam8833

Guest
Hi, I had lost about 40 lbs. over the course of two months
because of diarrhea and ulcerative colitis. I was in the hosp-
ital. three times and twice in emergency. They kept feeding me
meal supplements on top of three meals a day. So when I finally
got home, I was worried I did not have enough to eat. Now, I don’t
feel full after eating my breakfast and ingest and in-ordinate amount
of sugar. I think I am turning pre-diabetic(My late wife was a diabetic
on insulin injections), My spending on desert-foods is also out of control.
All this is affecting my prayer life and faith walk.
 
I would suggest consulting your regular doctor, perhaps also a certified nutritionist, and a counselor (maybe one specializing in addictive behaviors) so you can get a good idea of what your nutritional needs are. If they can work together to help you, I think that will be best.

I’m sorry you are going through this.
 
Un-controlled eating becomes a sin when we know we are full and willfully keep eating.

It sounds like you are also addicted to sugar. I would say try to stop buying a lot of processed sweets, avoid the cookie, candy, ice cream and soda aisles.
Add more fiber and raw veggies to help fill you up
Eat slower so your brain has time to respond
Watch your serving sizes
Drink a full glass of plain water or lemon water before your meal

I really have to work on these items as well, but the hardest one is pushing away from the table.
 
Sounds like it’s beyond your control. God does not punish by illness or because of illness.
We’re not supposed to give medical advice, but please, be frank with your doctor.
I’m sorry you’re so ill…you may be suffering a bit from depression given your illness, your desires for your concert, and other things. See what the Doctor says, and don’t hold anything back! He’s the one to trust. He can and will help you. try praying to St. Luke, patron of Doctors.
 
I now realise what the problem is:
I have been SEEKING the Lord and my
troubles with my health has caused me to
look at “the wind and the waves” just as
Peter as he was walking on the water to
Jesus. I need to REFOCUS on the Lord!!!
Satan has a way of distracting even a strong
Christian like me!
 
I THANK YOU Jesus, for coming thru for me,
I was getting depressed and frustrated that
my vision for a “Church for the Poor”: was
getting nowhere and that I was adrift w/o a
job and in financial difficulty and even w/o a
prayer, but YOU CAME THRU and rescued
me from my fears.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son and
to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning
is now and ever shall be, world w/o end.
Amen.
 
I have to admit that I’m STILL having problems
controlling my eating, I WILL see the doctor about
having a test for diabetes. My late wife had diabetes,
and I view a diagnoses of diabetes as a death sentence!
Please pray that I will be able to face the facts and
not deny them!!!

Our Father, who is in heaven,
Your name be held holy,
Your kingdom come,
Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our debts as we have forgiven our debtors,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen.
 
I have to admit that I’m STILL having problems
controlling my eating, I WILL see the doctor about
having a test for diabetes. My late wife had diabetes,
and I view a diagnoses of diabetes as a death sentence!
Please pray that I will be able to face the facts and
not deny them!!!
I’m glad you have an appointment with your doctor. But if it turns out you’re diabetic, please educate yourself about it. It is not a death sentence - life itself is a death sentence! But how we control our diabetes can make us comfortable or miserable. I already has some neuropathy before I was diagnosed, and it took me several years to take the disease seriously. But now I control my BG with diet alone - and believe me, that was a steep learning curve!

But learning to eat low carb-high fat, and attending OA meetings to learn about my behavioral eating problems, have cut down on the cravings a lot. Cravings still happen on occasion, but I don’t have to give in to them.

My dad died of complications of T2 diabetes, and I don’t want to spend my last years like he did, mostly bedridden. Diabetics don’t have to live that way.
 
Hi, I had lost about 40 lbs. over the course of two months
because of diarrhea and ulcerative colitis. I was in the hosp-
ital. three times and twice in emergency. They kept feeding me
meal supplements on top of three meals a day…
I will see my family doctor to get
my blood sugar tested for diabetes…
I got the results of the blood sugar test, it was NORMAL,
so I guess I am guilty of being on the greedy side when
it comes to nutrition for my body, I’ll have to watch that
from now on… Having my confessor as an accountability
partner helps.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top