R
RobnBobA1
Guest
I have a quick question but some background is needed. I am a non-Catholic but with Catholic upbringing (private school for mainly the education and safetly factor). I have no wish to become Catholic and am quite moral without the label, with a close-knit family. I am engaged to a wonderful man but lately am finding myself getting frustrated with the simplest of affections. Reading through some of the posts I came across one that had to do with submission within a marraige. For starters I am a Marine, not the most feminine profession and to boot a police officer with aspirations towards moving in the justice field towards that of an anatomical pathologist (one that does autopsies for criminal investigations in laymens terms) I was always a tom-boy into sports and rough-housing. I am not timid nor submissive by any means and though my appearance may give the look of a “weak” woman, I am not. I am very close to my family and have no problem with the affection that my parents, or siblings show. However when it comes to my fiance, it bothers me a little. He also is a Marine, but very laid back. He comes from a (in my opinion stemmed in truth) disfunctional family where affection was never shown except with beatings or betrayals (by his mother). The only family He is close with is his two younger half-sisters, both of which need help in their lives as the oldest is 20 and they both have children out of marraige as well as some criminal problems. He was never affectionate until I came along. I can say this without false pride that I am the best thing that has happened to date in his life. We love each other and strive to show each other this love through small actions such as a kiss when he comes home from work, holding hands, sitting together watching a movie etc. But it is when he is constantly wanting to hold my hand (every time we are driving together) he is constantly telling me throughout the day at weird moments that he loves me, when he calls me from across the room when I am doing something to give him a kiss, etc that I get annoyed.
I know that I have gone on and on, but it was the only way that I feel that I can fully explain the situation. when I “complain” or comment about this problem to my sisters (both married) or my mother or close female friends, they are baffled as to why I have a problem when they dream that their own men would act more in that manner. Am I blowing this out of the water, or can someone else see maybe a deeper problem?
I know that I have gone on and on, but it was the only way that I feel that I can fully explain the situation. when I “complain” or comment about this problem to my sisters (both married) or my mother or close female friends, they are baffled as to why I have a problem when they dream that their own men would act more in that manner. Am I blowing this out of the water, or can someone else see maybe a deeper problem?