When someone asks for your prayers

  • Thread starter Thread starter genevieve2K
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

genevieve2K

Guest
What do you have in mind when you tell someone, “I’ll pray for you”? Which prayers, or how many, or for how long? For me it depends on the person and the situation. Sometimes I just say 3 quick Hail Marys, or offer a decade or maybe a whole Rosary, or keep them in my Mass intentions for awhile, or offer up some minor suffering or sacrifice, occasionally I’ll say a novena for someone. I often feel guilty that I’m not praying enough for the people I say I’ll pray for, so I’m curious what other people do?
 
What do you have in mind when you tell someone, “I’ll pray for you”? Which prayers, or how many, or for how long? For me it depends on the person and the situation. Sometimes I just say 3 quick Hail Marys, or offer a decade or maybe a whole Rosary, or keep them in my Mass intentions for awhile, or offer up some minor suffering or sacrifice, occasionally I’ll say a novena for someone. I often feel guilty that I’m not praying enough for the people I say I’ll pray for, so I’m curious what other people do?
All of the above. So long as you commend them and their intentions to God’s mercy, you’re doing it right.
 
What do you have in mind when you tell someone, “I’ll pray for you”? Which prayers, or how many, or for how long? For me it depends on the person and the situation. Sometimes I just say 3 quick Hail Marys, or offer a decade or maybe a whole Rosary, or keep them in my Mass intentions for awhile, or offer up some minor suffering or sacrifice, occasionally I’ll say a novena for someone. I often feel guilty that I’m not praying enough for the people I say I’ll pray for, so I’m curious what other people do?
I immediately place them in the arms of Our Blessed Mother and ask Her to keep them safe in all my prayers and Masses I attend till we’re all safely in Heaven with Her some day. So every good thing I think, say or do, they are there. All on the forum are there already. God Bless, Memaw
 
What do you have in mind when you tell someone, “I’ll pray for you”? Which prayers, or how many, or for how long? For me it depends on the person and the situation. Sometimes I just say 3 quick Hail Marys, or offer a decade or maybe a whole Rosary, or keep them in my Mass intentions for awhile, or offer up some minor suffering or sacrifice, occasionally I’ll say a novena for someone. I often feel guilty that I’m not praying enough for the people I say I’ll pray for, so I’m curious what other people do?
I’ll usually say intercessory prayer directly for the intention they ask for. Like if they are suffering I’ll pray that God grants them relief of the pain. If they are concerned about the soul of a loved one who has passed on, I’ll usually use the prayers for the dead and offer up the Lord’s prayer on their behalf.
 
My prayers are offered up for the intentions they have requested. If a particular Saint is involved; prayers are offered to them on behalf of the requestor.
 
I find my intentions to be very unweildy, but I do have a sort of rubric: I imagine ever-widening circles around me and I am in the middle. The bullseye is for my immediate family, the next one out for extended family and very close friends (3), and then outward from there in terms of relationship.

And then some people in more outer circles are sort of higher, taking into account situations. So we have some neighbors with whom we are not close, but they are very ill so we pray for them pretty frequently.

In between that and praying “for all those for whom I ought to be praying…” I hope everyone is all right.
 
I immediately place them in the arms of Our Blessed Mother and ask Her to keep them safe in all my prayers and Masses I attend till we’re all safely in Heaven with Her some day. So every good thing I think, say or do, they are there. All on the forum are there already. God Bless, Memaw
I really like that! Thank you!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top