T
tuviskazinai
Guest
Hi all,
I have a silly question that I should know the answer to, but don’t. When I was a kid my Dad taught me that we shouldn’t consume (swallow) the Eucharist until we’ve returned to our pews and can kneel in reverence. Is this so? Is it necessary, or optional? Needless to say, I see many people begin munching before they’ve even turned to head back to their seats. I’ve never heard this question talked about in my adult life as a Catholic and wonder whether my Dad knew what he was talking about.
Follow-up question: does the same rule apply to the consumption of Communion Wine? Are we supposed to hold it in our mouths like mouthwash, along with the Communion wafer, until we get back to our seats?
Voila. Please advise.
+AMDG+
I have a silly question that I should know the answer to, but don’t. When I was a kid my Dad taught me that we shouldn’t consume (swallow) the Eucharist until we’ve returned to our pews and can kneel in reverence. Is this so? Is it necessary, or optional? Needless to say, I see many people begin munching before they’ve even turned to head back to their seats. I’ve never heard this question talked about in my adult life as a Catholic and wonder whether my Dad knew what he was talking about.
Follow-up question: does the same rule apply to the consumption of Communion Wine? Are we supposed to hold it in our mouths like mouthwash, along with the Communion wafer, until we get back to our seats?
Voila. Please advise.
+AMDG+