P
petra22
Guest
Were the gates of heaven opened when Jesus died on the cross or when he rose from the dead or some other event? What do you think?
This makes sense - especially if Paradise equates to Heaven -I think it was from the moment He died on the cross.
I think so.I think it was from the moment He died on the cross.
CCC 1026 **By his death and Resurrection, Jesus Christ has “opened” heaven to us. **The life of the blessed consists in the full and perfect possession of the fruits of the redemption accomplished by Christ. He makes partners in his heavenly glorification those who have believed in him and remained faithful to his will. Heaven is the blessed community of all who are perfectly incorporated into Christ.Were the gates of heaven opened when Jesus died on the cross or when he rose from the dead or some other event? What do you think?
Why would it have mattered if Mary was holding his feet before he ascended? Seems like a strange thing to say. Could it be if Mary was in contact with Jesus body at the exact time he ascended, she would have somehow went with him, or…?I was thinking when his heart was pierced open and blood and water gushed forth…
but then prior to that he said, " It is finished…" maybe that was it. but then remember he said "Mary don’t hold me(my feet) for I have not yet ascended to the Father… "
That time on the cross has so many things to think about…
The heavens were opened when Christ was baptized showing the way to heaven is open to the baptized. The gates were removed by Christ’s Passion.Were the gates of heaven opened when Jesus died on the cross or when he rose from the dead or some other event? What do you think?