F
flyingfish
Guest
A poll about how you felt about your siblings. Please answer how you felt when you lived in the family home, not how you feel now as an independent adult.
Now isn’t that a trait of being the eldest - being responsible for your younger siblings. it goes with the territiory of you being the eldest. After all, in a big family, raising everyone takes a team effort and as the older children become , well, older, they take on more and more of the responsibility of helping with the youngest children. Part of it is also a natural protectiveness which comes with the position, but I suspect a lot of it is because you are asked to help and also because your parents are role modelling for you at the same time.I am the eldest of eight…four boys, four girls. It was hard at times…but I loved having so many different personalities and interests around me…and I love watching the youngest growing up, since I practically raised her myself!
I feel exactly the same way! I’m the oldest of six children, and I’m very happy about it. I love having lots of younger siblings!I am the eldest of eight…four boys, four girls. It was hard at times…but I loved having so many different personalities and interests around me…and I love watching the youngest growing up, since I practically raised her myself!