No offense, but I Live in Illinois as well, and most of the state is nowhere near Chicago. And making frequent trips to Chicago is not one of the most enjoyable things.
Thats why I said “Chicago-land area” and not Chicago. I also said they had many groups further out.
I don’t like going to Boston, but I will for young adult events. When I lived 5hrs from NYC I’d make a trek down there a couple of times a year for fellowship becuase there was nothing in my area.
My best advice is to be google-wise. I found a young adult group website for America (and it has other countries).
catholicyoungadults.com/cyagroups.html
I google (town) catholic young adult group…that’s how I found my 1st one.
I check craig’s list…how i found a second one.
I call the dioceses & check their websites. I found my favorite YA group this way.
I went through over 40 parishes using Mass times and personally e-mailed or called each one. I found a couple that way.
I check Facebook for pages on young adult catholics.
When all was said and done I had many groups to choose from in a 1hr radius from my house. Groups that people who live closer whine don’t exist while they twiddle away on CA.
Yes, its a lot of hard work, but it will get results.
If you can navigate this forum and live anywhere near a populated area there are Young adult groups to be found. There are faithful young adults. I think the problem with a forum is that people stop here in their search for young catholic adults…or faithful Catholics in general.