Where are the Bible verses to back up baby sprinkling?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cody1611
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me if I am wrong but I thought this was a thread abot infant baptism not bash on what Tweety mom has done or not done?
You were presenting false information about Catholic teaching and making it seem like we believe that it’s “okay” to get re-baptized. In order for the right answer to be given, it was necessary to correct that misinformation.

Nobody is trying to “throw stones” at you, but just to try to get you to start presenting the actual Catholic teachings, instead of presenting your personal opinions that are based on nothing but your feelings as if they were the Doctrine of the Church.
 
I’ve never had any formal training either. I’m a convert, so I have never even been to Catholic school.

And yet, I managed to find and read a Catechism. This is not difficult stuff.
If the Catechism is too hard to read, there is also the Compendium of the Catechism, which uses easier language. Both are available in any bookstore. 👍
👍 Rhats great that you were able to do that, but unfortunally I can’t lay claim, I am bow 70 yeas old and 8 years ago I rejoined the CC. I went to Rcia so I could be confirmed but wae nwver critized like I have been here. I was welcomed back with loving arms by everyone including the Bishop and my Priest even tho:rolleyes:they knew my whole story. So I was a bit surprised to the rece:shrug:ption I have received here So yes indeed I have done the Catechism understand it and yet I too managed to make it thru:)

c
 
Well thank you but when I am told that I am going to Hell on this thread and I am not a true Catholic because of my story that I only tod to emphise the fact that while infant baptism is great some of us have had to make a long :):shrug:jouriney and I don’t think people should be told they are going to hell because my journey was different. I do admit that while there were unkind things said on both sides mine included I don’t think it is very Christian.
I haven’t read the entire thread, but I agree if anyone judges anyone as going to hell that is a definite no-no, and not conducive to any kind of dialogue.
 
You were presenting false information about Catholic teaching and making it seem like we believe that it’s “okay” to get re-baptized. In order for the right answer to be given, it was necessary to correct that misinformation.

Nobody is trying to “throw stones” at you, but just to try to get you to start presenting the actual Catholic teachings, instead of presenting your personal opinions that are based on nothing but your feelings as if they were the Doctrine of the Church.
AS a matter of fact sir I have never said the CC says it is ok to be rebaptised I was merely saying what happened to me 30 years ago. And in fact a lady was rebaptised af our Easter Vigel last year. So in spite of your intellenge I have never said that the CC says it is ok only sharing:confused:
 
I haven’t read the entire thread, but I agree if anyone judges anyone as going to hell that is a definite no-no, and not conducive to any kind of dialogue.
Thak you for that Dorothy I indeed was told I was going to hell:shrug:
 
👍 Rhats great that you were able to do that, but unfortunally I can’t lay claim, I am bow 70 yeas old and 8 years ago I rejoined the CC. I went to Rcia so I could be confirmed but wae nwver critized like I have been here. I was welcomed back with loving arms by everyone including the Bishop and my Priest even tho:rolleyes:they knew my whole story. So I was a bit surprised to the rece:shrug:ption I have received here So yes indeed I have done the Catechism understand it and yet I too managed to make it thru:)
You instruct RCIA classes, which means that you’re teaching people Catholic Doctrine for at least an hour every week, right?

Don’t you think that your students deserve to be taught the actual Church teachings?
 
AS a matter of fact sir I have never said the CC says it is ok to be rebaptised I was merely saying what happened to me 30 years ago. And in fact a lady was rebaptised af our Easter Vigel last year. So in spite of your intellenge I have never said that the CC says it is ok only sharing:confused:
By claiming that a priest did this and said that it was okay, and by presenting it as evidence against what every other Catholic in this thread was saying, you certainly made it seem as if, contrary to what we have been trying to tell the original poster, it’s just fine with the Catholic Church to spit in the face of the Holy Spirit by re-baptizing people who have been validly baptized in the past.
 
Hi, Mark,

Sounds like you have had a rough day … and have somehow had difficulty keeping to the thread…😃
It is funny how some things never change. The botom line is that Catholics are going to heaven and all other Christains are going to hell . But before I decend I wonder how much I will have to pay the church to get my brother out of purgatory?
Since you claim to be a Catholic, and Cathoics are the only ones “…going to heaven…”, yet state you are going to ‘decend’ (into hell?) - I think you are conflicted as to what it is you want and what you actually believe. And, paying the church for your deceased brother’s shortened stay in purgatory sounds like you have an axe to grind while distorting church teaching.

What is it you want to say?

God bless
 
Mart T Cassidy– I have been reading through your posts in this thread, and I am wondering why you have such a disdained attitude towards the Catholic Church that you seem to claim to be a part of. You give the impression that you really are not a Catholic as your bio tag says, and leads one to believe that you are here incognito, you know like a wolf in sheep’s clothing or a troll. I may be wrong but it sure seems that way. You are posing a few of the anti-Catholic arguments used by fundamentalists to try to discredit the CC.
If you are a Catholic and you are posting your personal beliefs, this is confusing to many. When you post your personal beliefs as a Catholic here and make statements challenging the CC on doctrine, it is confusing to those who think that Catholics are “One”. Protestants misunderstand it as being what all Catholics believe and practice, and that it is what the Catholic Church teaches. It’s no wonder why they are confused, accusatory, and hateful towards Catholics.
 
You instruct RCIA classes, which means that you’re teaching people Catholic Doctrine for at least an hour every week, right?

Don’t you think that your students deserve to be taught the actual Church teachings?
you certainally a hair spliting person Of couse Church teachings are taught You seem like you think you are smarter than most:shrug:
 
By claiming that a priest did this and said that it was okay, and by presenting it as evidence against what every other Catholic in this thread was saying, you certainly made it seem as if, contrary to what we have been trying to tell the original poster, it’s just fine with the Catholic Church to spit in the face of the Holy Spirit by re-baptizing people who have been validly baptized in the past.
I did not claim it did in fact happened’ it is ok for you to share but not for anyone else to? Why not just say all are welcome to this thread welcome as long as you do not share things that are a fact. Only those who agree with me are welcome don’t share anything that I think should be shared:shrug:
 
Well thank you but when I am told that I am going to Hell on this thread and I am not a true Catholic because of my story that I only tod to emphise the fact that while infant baptism is great some of us have had to make a long :):shrug:jouriney and I don’t think people should be told they are going to hell because my journey was different. I do admit that while there were unkind things said on both sides mine included I don’t think it is very Christian.
Could you please indicate which posts said your were going to Hell? What was said is that you were in error in going against what you knew to be the teaching of the Church. That you did come back to the Church is most definitely a cause for rejoicing, but your persistence in maintaining the rightness of your decision to have yourself re-baptized is not. It’s one thing to do something in error, to discover it was an error and regret the error; it’s another thing to continue to justify the error. (A discussion of your understanding of Church’s teaching on Purgatory perhaps could be addressed in another thread.)
 
tweetymon, I should add, too, that I and (I think it’s safe to say) the other Catholics who are responding to you have no ill-will toward you. Our only hope is that you will - as we all should - develop a deeper understanding and love of the Catholic Faith we jointly profess.
 
you certainally a hair spliting person Of couse Church teachings are taught You seem like you think you are smarter than most:shrug:
Okay so then why on this thread are you teaching that re-baptism is okay? :confused:
 
Could you please indicate which posts said your were going to Hell? What was said is that you were in error in going against what you knew to be the teaching of the Church. That you did come back to the Church is most definhe chitely a cause for rejoicing, but your persistence in maintaining the rightness of your decision to have yourself re-baptized is not. It’s one thing to do something in error, to discover it was an error and regret the error; it’s another thing to continue to justify the error. (A discussion of your understanding of Church’s teaching on Purgatory perhaps could be addressed in another thread.)
in this very post At the time I was not going to CC and at the time I did not know the position of the ChurchI do not have any regrets on my decision and never will and the subject of purgtory was brought up by someone else I only responded to it if it really matters:shrug: So my dear I did not knowly go against the teaching of the church because I was not aware. And you are being very judgemental All I was trying to do is share how I came back to the Church And I don’t and I know that God doesn’t judge me for this and My Priest doesn;'t either Youu need to get a life
 
Hi, Mark,

You are encouraged to communicate and not engage in the cynical comments.
Hey Tom you are absolutely right. If you believe all the Catholic Church’s doctrine you are a humble, well balanced soul. If you question it ,it is because you are unbalanced and are trying to justify your own sinful behavior. Thank GOD for Saints like Tom to enlighten the rest of us clods.
From your responsses, I would be interested in knowing just what you think of your claim to Catholicism - only because you claim this as your religion. Or, do you wish to edit your bio?

God bless
 
tweetymon, I should add, too, that I and (I think it’s safe to say) the other Catholics who are responding to you have no ill-will toward you. Our only hope is that you will - as we all should - develop a deeper understanding and love of the Catholic Faith we jointly profess.
I am developing a deeper ubderstanding of the Love of Christ unfortnally I haeen treated so adly ve not felt it one this thread. And as far as i ll will it came as a big surprise to me:shrug:I lve God and the Church but unfortunally I have never badly by Christian. And you don’t have to tell me I have been rude too I know that and God does too and I left the judgement of me to him:thumbsup:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top