S
StJudePray4Me
Guest
This is sort of a spin off on the poll about how often we go to Confession.
I wondered where people are going? Do you go to your own Parish, or a neighboring one?
Do you have a regular confessor? Or do you just jump in line at the scheduled times and get whomever?
It’s been tugging at me that I should go WAAAAYYY more often than I do (which is only once or twice a year), but to be quite frank, I am embarrassed in front of my Pastor. He’s a stoic type and hard to read, I feel really awkward with him even just having a casual conversation. I have a hard time imagining baring my soul to him. I am also one of those women who has the “gift of tears”… I cry often during emotional stuff (certain hymns, prayers, etc), and have never made it through a confession without breaking down. I feel silly with this particular priest, he’s just not the type of guy you feel Ok weeping around!
I was thinking that I would go to a neighboring Parish to a priest who I don’t know…but is that cowardice? I’d love to hear your thoughts on this.
I wondered where people are going? Do you go to your own Parish, or a neighboring one?
Do you have a regular confessor? Or do you just jump in line at the scheduled times and get whomever?
It’s been tugging at me that I should go WAAAAYYY more often than I do (which is only once or twice a year), but to be quite frank, I am embarrassed in front of my Pastor. He’s a stoic type and hard to read, I feel really awkward with him even just having a casual conversation. I have a hard time imagining baring my soul to him. I am also one of those women who has the “gift of tears”… I cry often during emotional stuff (certain hymns, prayers, etc), and have never made it through a confession without breaking down. I feel silly with this particular priest, he’s just not the type of guy you feel Ok weeping around!
I was thinking that I would go to a neighboring Parish to a priest who I don’t know…but is that cowardice? I’d love to hear your thoughts on this.