Where/how did you meet your spouse?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jason197754
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
We met through mutual acquaintances at Mardi Gras in 1990. We were both 17. Dated for 4 years and have been married for almost 16 years. After meeting him, I went home and told my mom who I had met. I mentioned that he looked like my uncle (actually great uncle by marriage). She laughed and explained that the reason he looked like him was because he was his uncle. My great aunt and his great uncle are married! The funny thing was that as a kid I used to stay with my aunt and his uncle all the time. I LOVED him and I used to tell him that some day I wanted to have a husband just like him. He was so pleased and amused that I grew up and married his nephew!😛
 
At a friend’s party. I’m friend’s with his cousin and it was his first night in town after moving from Boston. I saw this cute boy across the room and wanted to get to know him better. After a year of so of seeing him at events, missing him at events, seeing him at events I finally decided that on the ski weekend trip that we were both going on that I would make my move because it was somewhat apparent that he wasn’t going to make any. So that weekend I made it obvious I liked him (not too obvious, though!) and a few days after returning he asked me out for our first date. Now we’re just a few weeks away from marrying each other! 🙂
 
We met through mutual acquaintances at Mardi Gras in 1990. We were both 17. Dated for 4 years and have been married for almost 16 years. After meeting him, I went home and told my mom who I had met. I mentioned that he looked like my uncle (actually great uncle by marriage). She laughed and explained that the reason he looked like him was because he was his uncle. My great aunt and his great uncle are married! The funny thing was that as a kid I used to stay with my aunt and his uncle all the time. I LOVED him and I used to tell him that some day I wanted to have a husband just like him. He was so pleased and amused that I grew up and married his nephew!😛
Very sweet story!!!
 
In bed.

Well, I was in bed – in the pull-out in my friend’s living room – when he came in with another friend. I knew who he was because I’d seen him at the club earlier and inquired but he didn’t know me from Eve. When he headed toward the pull-out with a gleam in his eye and saying “How would you like to take a cold shower?” I yelled his name and said “if you touch this blanket, you die!”
“How do you know my name?”
“Well, Colette yelled it loudly enough at the club tonight. Now please step outside and let me get dressed.”

We talked for a couple of hours and by the time he left at 5 a.m. I’d decided that if he asked me to marry him I’d say yes. Later that morning he was telling his friends much the same thing. He proposed 2 weeks later. We’ve been together since that night, 37 years and counting.
 
We both worked at our parish rectory after school and weekend mornings, answering the phone etc.
 
We met working at a Herfy’s Hamburger fast food place. We were both 16 yrs. old and he was the shift manager. We have been married 32 years. 🙂
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top