A
Abba
Guest
Hello Brothers and Sisters,
I wonder if you can explain to me how it is that God severs ties with a person who is in mortal sin, yet, it has been my experience that Jesus does not abandon us. Our Lord call us anyway and that is how some of us have found our way back. I am trying to find harmony with the Church’s teaching that if we are in mortal sin God stays away and my own personal experience.
When I was a little girl, all I wanted to be was a nun. I never thought of being anything else. My Catholic upbringing abruptly stopped at the age of nine when I was sent to America. My family in the USA did not practice the faith and being a ‘nun’ was certainly not part of the America Dream. It did not work out for me and I went tumbling with life and landed in the periphery of the Church as an adult. Practicing the faith my way and at my convenience and with my rules. While out there, however, I was in mortal sin, yet, Jesus and Mary did not abandon me and it is because of them that I found my way back.
So, how is it that people say that Jesus stays away if and when we are in mortal sin? Jesus doesn’t leave us, He continues to call us. How does this work?
I wonder if you can explain to me how it is that God severs ties with a person who is in mortal sin, yet, it has been my experience that Jesus does not abandon us. Our Lord call us anyway and that is how some of us have found our way back. I am trying to find harmony with the Church’s teaching that if we are in mortal sin God stays away and my own personal experience.
When I was a little girl, all I wanted to be was a nun. I never thought of being anything else. My Catholic upbringing abruptly stopped at the age of nine when I was sent to America. My family in the USA did not practice the faith and being a ‘nun’ was certainly not part of the America Dream. It did not work out for me and I went tumbling with life and landed in the periphery of the Church as an adult. Practicing the faith my way and at my convenience and with my rules. While out there, however, I was in mortal sin, yet, Jesus and Mary did not abandon me and it is because of them that I found my way back.
So, how is it that people say that Jesus stays away if and when we are in mortal sin? Jesus doesn’t leave us, He continues to call us. How does this work?