Where Is The Palestinian Ghandi?

• Thread starter Thread starter gnjsdad
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Palestine sure needs a Ghandi- Israel is definitely the one trying to be peaceful in this conflict. You can tell that by reading translations of their national anthems. Israel’s national anthem basically means, “we still have hope after 2000 years to be a free people in our own land”. Palestine’s is basically “rise up Palestinians, and crush your enemies.”

40.png
gnjsdad:
I’ve sometimes been perplexed as to why the Palestinians don’t engage in massive non-violent protests.
Has there ever been a large non-violent movement within Islam?

Any holy men of peace, like JPII, St. Francis or Ghandi? People who are reviered in Islam, like Saladin, seem to all be warriors.

Straight questions, I don’ t know the answers, but would be interested if anyone knows.

Palestine was controlled for way too long by Arafat, who spoke out of both sides of his mouth and kept things stirred up at home. He hasn’t been out of the picture long enough for the new leadership to gain full control of the situation. Hopefully, they will hunt down and destroy the militants and work toward a peaceful solution. Let’s face it: the trouble has always been caused by a relatively small number of militants while the little people on both sides go about their daily lives by working together in peace despite their religious differences. Israel reacts strongly when attacked, so there will never be peace unitl the militants are wiped out. I don’t think peaceful demonstrations will have any effect as long as bullets are flying and bombs are exploding.

40.png
gilliam:
Has there ever been a large non-violent movement within Islam?

Any holy men of peace, like JPII, St. Francis or Ghandi? People who are reviered in Islam, like Saladin, seem to all be warriors.

Straight questions, I don’ t know the answers, but would be interested if anyone knows.
Did you read the link? A joint protest rally by Jewish and Palestinian peace activists in the village of Bi’lin in the West Bank was sabotaged by Israeli security forces, who don’t appear to want any Palestinian Gandhis to emerge. It’s not so much a matter of the nature of Islam as a matter of simple justice. The desire for justice resides in every human heart, regardless of religion.

Reading the article about how Israelis infiltrated the protest and began being violent reminds me of the oft repeated claim of Mossad or some other group disguising agents to pretend to be Palestinian and provoke incidents is an old Israeli trick. It is said that agents loyal to one side will disguise themselves as the other and commit terrorist acts in their name, thus giving their side an excuse to resort to violence and occupations. It other cases, as suggested by the controversy over the USS Liberty, it can be blamed on someone else. Suspicions as these are being suggested by conspiracies about 9/11.

40.png
gnjsdad:
Did you read the link? A joint protest rally by Jewish and Palestinian peace activists in the village of Bi’lin in the West Bank was sabotaged by Israeli security forces, who don’t appear to want any Palestinian Gandhis to emerge. It’s not so much a matter of the nature of Islam as a matter of simple justice. The desire for justice resides in every human heart, regardless of religion.
It doesn’t answer my questions, sorry if I wasn’t clear, I wasn’t looking for speculation. I was trying to see if somoeone knew any historical facts. Here is the questions again:

*Has there ever been a large non-violent movement within Islam? *

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back