Where to stay in NY

  • Thread starter Thread starter KCT
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KCT

Guest
Thinking about an overnight to NYC for our anniversary (which is a Saturday, but we don’t have to go on that day…)

Are there reasonably priced places to stay overnight?
 
We were in NYC for 5 days over Easter this year. I did some research and found a wonderful, very reasonable hotel in Long Island City, Queens, that was within a couple blocks of several subway stops, just one stop away from Manhattan, and was delightful. Here is a link: vervehotel.com/

It got great Trip Advisor reviews, and I can say that we received terrific value, a wonderful room (plus a good, free breakfast, wireless internet and great service.)

Happy anniversary, and I hope you enjoy NYC!
 
I live in NYC. My advice is to not even think of getting lodgings in Manhattan. You won’t find anything decent for under $300.00 a night! I would go on line and find accommodations in Long Island City, Queens or in downtown Brooklyn-both of which are only a subway ride of less than 30 minutes from midtown Manhattan.
The best tour of NYC is a boat ride that circles Manhattan Island. The company is called The Circle Lines, and is located at the Hudson River and West 42nd Street. You can look them up on line.
 
Thinking about an overnight to NYC for our anniversary (which is a Saturday, but we don’t have to go on that day…)

Are there reasonably priced places to stay overnight?
Anywhere in Queens or Brooklyn, though Brooklyn is nicer in my opinion. Just remember to stay away from Times Square when it comes to eating. Overpriced and terrible quality.

From what I saw on Hotels.com Sheraton Hotels has one in Brooklyn Heights (which is by far the most beautiful neighborhood in all of NYC and just a 5min Subway ride to Manhattan) for only $199/night…in NYC that’s a steal for a 4-star!
 
I just got back and stayed at the hotel at times square which is owned by days inn. I think it was somewhere around 180 190ish a night and very nice. Not fancy, but I could care less about fancy. It was nice and clean. Free continental breakfast too. I think I got just about the best place in Manhattan as far as price and location.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top