C
chris62
Guest
I am about to join a Bible study group. Which Bible do you recommend I use. I have a Bible at home called the New International Version. Is this the right one or not?
+1! I just went mad and bought myself a Douay-Rheims published by Baronius Press, and it’s by far the most beautiful Bible I own.If it’s a Catholic Bible study (or any Bible study for that matter) I would go with a Catholic Bible. The ones I read are the Revised Standard Version: Catholc Edition and the Douay-Rheims. The RSV-CE would get my nod for study because, while I love the writing of the DR, the language seems clearer to me with the RSV-CE.
God bless
This is one of the top selling Protestant Bibles. It’s not terrible, but it’s not Catholic, and it will be incomplete. Catholics believe that seven extra books known as the Deuterocanonicals (which the Protestants call the Apocrypha) are inspired scripture, while Protestants do not. We include them in the Old Testament. Protestants consider them legitimate to read, but NOT fully part of scripture or inspired by God, so they rarely include them. If they do, it will be in an appendix explaining that they are NOT inspired scripture. These books are important to Catholicism since they include references to some doctrines rejected by Protestantism. There are also some other small translation differences that tend to minimize Catholic beliefs.I am about to join a Bible study group. Which Bible do you recommend I use. I have a Bible at home called the New International Version. Is this the right one or not?
Hi folks…I just wanted to give you some info on the Duoay Rheims bible+1! I just went mad and bought myself a Douay-Rheims published by Baronius Press, and it’s by far the most beautiful Bible I own.
However, the style is a little awkward for quick reading, and probably not for someone who isn’t used to a King James but is entering a course of Bible study, The RSV-CE is the best!
Peace.