W
wifrost
Guest
Greetings all,
I was just reading from Eusubius’ “Church History,” and in ch. 12 called “the disciples of our Saviour” he is talking about “the seventy” we read about in the New Testament and makes this remark about Cephas:
This is the account of Clement in the fifth book of his Hypotyposes, in which he also says that Cephas was one of the seventy disciples, a man who bore the same name as the apostle Peter, and the one concerning whom Paul says, “When Cephas came to Antioch I withstood him to his face.”206
It is interesting as I have yet to have seen this used on this website when the topic of “Peter’s Infallaiblity/Authority” has come into question. Any thoughts on this?
Peace and God Bless
I was just reading from Eusubius’ “Church History,” and in ch. 12 called “the disciples of our Saviour” he is talking about “the seventy” we read about in the New Testament and makes this remark about Cephas:
This is the account of Clement in the fifth book of his Hypotyposes, in which he also says that Cephas was one of the seventy disciples, a man who bore the same name as the apostle Peter, and the one concerning whom Paul says, “When Cephas came to Antioch I withstood him to his face.”206
It is interesting as I have yet to have seen this used on this website when the topic of “Peter’s Infallaiblity/Authority” has come into question. Any thoughts on this?
Peace and God Bless