Which image best represents Catholic religious life?

• Thread starter Thread starter Catholic29
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I vote the top image all the way! :gopray:
40.png
johnq:
My two year old daughter, Anne Marie, saw both pictures at the same time. She gets all excited looking at the Poor Clare Nuns and yells “Jesus, look daddy, Jesus!” She continues her evangalization by pointed out Jesus to her 10 month old sister, “Rose, Jesus! See, Jesus, Rose.” Then, she reminded Jesus with her two fingers, “I’m two, two Jesus.” Her final act was making the sign of the cross.

[picture]

With tears in my eyes I responded, “Yes, Anne Marie, that is Jesus.”

St. Clare, pray for us and for holy vocations.
johnq, this lovely story brought tears to my eyes too. Thanks for sharing. It is simply amazing how innocent children speak the Truths of God. “And a little child shall lead them” (Is. 11:6).

I wanted to express my gratitude to you as a father for raising your daughter with an understanding and reverence for Christ’s presence in the Holy Eucharist, and also for a love of authentic religious life. If she reacts this way, you must be doing something right!

God bless,
Lily628

Just at glance, the average age in the top image seems about half that in the bottom image.

Thank you, Holy Spirit! :bowdown:

originally posted by tractarian
As for the weirdness, i spent my college years in what has got to be the most liberal new-agey Newman Center in the country
I wonder if it was the same Newman Center I was confirmed in?
While I was still learning about Catholicism, (in R.C.I.A.) I was invited by a Religious to attend a retreat that turned out to have NOTHING whatsoever to do with faith, religion or The Catholic Church. I immediately thought of it while looking at picture #2. It was a bunch of mannish looking and dressing women getting in touch with mother earth. I was so disappointed and let down.
Thank goodness I came to know Orthodox Catholics and left that Church. After leaving I learned that the inclusive language used in prayer, the references to women priests and the gay groups in house were not part of true Catholicism. What an eye opener!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back