Which is your favourite Psalm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Psalm 1 and 23, because it is very easy to see Christ in them!
 
Mine has to be 22 especially at this time of year.
Psalm 50, simply because of its sentimental value. It was the first Psalm I read after I ceased to be an atheist and pagan. It’s the first Psalm I read whenever I open up a new Bible for the first time, that is, when I’m not performing a Catholic-check on an unfammiliar translation, in which case I automatically turn to Sirach 22:7. Nevertheless, Psalm 50 is my favourite because I think it nicely encapsulates Salvation History.
 
Psalm 118, the really long one.

“Beáti immaculáti in via: * qui ámbulant in lege Dómini.”
 
I’ve always used Ps 104 (In Praise of Creation) when giving a prayer service at Scouting outings. It causes one to reflect upon God’s handiwork while being surrounded by the same. It’s long enough to cause a reflective time as well. Very evocative.

On a side note, my favorite comical verse in the bible has to be Lv 11:19. “Don’t eat bats.” I mean, come-on; if I’m sooo hungry that I would want to catch a bat and eat it,…thats pretty hungry. God would HAVE to give me a break on that one.

“Hey Lucky, want your wings?”—Chevy Chase 🙂

Glennonite
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top