Who are the Holy League?

  • Thread starter Thread starter friardchips
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

friardchips

Guest
Who are the Holy League please? What do they do/what is their objective? Is this just a U.S. or a world-wide Catholic religious initiative? (I am in the U.K).

Many thanks!

(sorry if I put this thread in wrong category).

šŸ™‚
 
I’m guessing you posted this after seeing the somewhat cryptic video posted last October (Holy League - Official Trailer).

It looks like all was revealed a few days ago when the apostolate officially launched. In short, ā€œThe Vision of the Holy League is to develop a network of parish based regular monthly Holy Hours with confession and fraternity for men.ā€

There’s lots of info at their website (holyleague.com) and in this new announcement video: Cardinal Burke - Holy League Announcement March 7th, 2015
 
I’m guessing you posted this after seeing the somewhat cryptic video posted last October (Holy League - Official Trailer).

It looks like all was revealed a few days ago when the apostolate officially launched. In short, ā€œThe Vision of the Holy League is to develop a network of parish based regular monthly Holy Hours with confession and fraternity for men.ā€

There’s lots of info at their website (holyleague.com) and in this new announcement video: Cardinal Burke - Holy League Announcement March 7th, 2015
A reply! I made this thread way back in October! 😃 Was worth the wait!

So thank you, it looks to be a very inspiring initiative. Will have a read of the links you’ve provided! Have to read to see if this is for the U.S only as I’m in the U.K. If it is for everywhere then great!

God bless.

šŸ™‚
 
I’m happy to be of service! I just heard about it yesterday, but rather than posting a new thread, I searched the site and found your old one 😃

Here’s the quick answer to your question: it’s worldwide: ā€œThe goal of the Holy League is nothing short of establishing a network of monthly holy hours for men with confession and fraternity in every parish throughout the world.ā€
 
I’m happy to be of service! I just heard about it yesterday, but rather than posting a new thread, I searched the site and found your old one 😃

Here’s the quick answer to your question: it’s worldwide: ā€œThe goal of the Holy League is nothing short of establishing a network of monthly holy hours for men with confession and fraternity in every parish throughout the world.ā€
Thank you muchly! In that case a bit of local promotion might be in order! It is certainly tempting to rush in and start a new thread yet can be a time-consuming affair to wade through the site to see if someone has already dealt with the subject. After I had posted and received no answers I had come to the conclusion that no one in the universe except the person who made the video you mentioned did know what it was about.

I was saying to someone recently, maybe it is the case that people don’t attend confession enough. Maybe women go more than men. If we look at the life of someone such as St. Pio, for example, he would sometimes be in the confessional all day hearing sins, admittedly this was probably because he well known but nevertheless, it surprises me sometimes when monasteries will only advertise the sacrament as being available during very limited set hours when they have many priests around the place. A shortage of priests would explain why it is harder for parish priests not attached to any religious Orders. Certainly I think a lot of people go to communion when they could do with going to confession first. Maybe this could be the start of something very positive?!
 
Super initiative. It is time to ask for holy Hour in their parishes. Ask priests! In my Seminary will be on the night of Friday to Saturday. Also with confession.
 
Super initiative. It is time to ask for holy Hour in their parishes. Ask priests! In my Seminary will be on the night of Friday to Saturday. Also with confession.
Dobry Wieczor! (not polish, just trying out the basics). Good initiative to know and act upon. You are studying at seminary, if so, hope it is going well for you! May God be with you. šŸ‘
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top