A
Agricola
Guest
Dear all,
I’ve always been curious about the Nephilim. Who are they? Who are the “sons of God”? Who are the “daughters of man”? Who are the “men of renown”? Also, who are Enac (Anak) and his sons? Its all very curious, like a cryptic note in the margin of a genius’ handwritten thesis.
I see giants mentioned here in these selections: Genesis 6:2-4; Numbers 13:23, 13:29-34; Deuteronomy 1:28, 2:10-11, 2:20-21, 3:11, 9:1-6; Joshue 11:21-22, 14:12-15, 15:13-14, 21:11; Judges 1:20.
It would be great to know the significance of these “giants”. It seems like their origin is questionable. As a child reading the bible, I interpreted “sons of God” to be angels… but incorporial beings spawning with composite beings does not seem like something that is possible… let alone something that God would tolerate for generations. I can’t think of something to replace that primitive assessment of their role and beginnings.
Okay, so my fascination with giants in the Bible may be a little odd… but when you’re a kid, something like that stands out… and when you grow up, its things like that that you remember.
If someone could come up with a good explanation of the origin of the Nephilim and their role in history, particularly the history of God’s people until the time of Juda, that would be great.
God bless,
Agricola
I’ve always been curious about the Nephilim. Who are they? Who are the “sons of God”? Who are the “daughters of man”? Who are the “men of renown”? Also, who are Enac (Anak) and his sons? Its all very curious, like a cryptic note in the margin of a genius’ handwritten thesis.
I see giants mentioned here in these selections: Genesis 6:2-4; Numbers 13:23, 13:29-34; Deuteronomy 1:28, 2:10-11, 2:20-21, 3:11, 9:1-6; Joshue 11:21-22, 14:12-15, 15:13-14, 21:11; Judges 1:20.
It would be great to know the significance of these “giants”. It seems like their origin is questionable. As a child reading the bible, I interpreted “sons of God” to be angels… but incorporial beings spawning with composite beings does not seem like something that is possible… let alone something that God would tolerate for generations. I can’t think of something to replace that primitive assessment of their role and beginnings.
Okay, so my fascination with giants in the Bible may be a little odd… but when you’re a kid, something like that stands out… and when you grow up, its things like that that you remember.
If someone could come up with a good explanation of the origin of the Nephilim and their role in history, particularly the history of God’s people until the time of Juda, that would be great.
God bless,
Agricola