I guess my list is divided into two categories-those famous and those not famous.
Famous
**Amy Grant:**I love her music and it always makes me feel good when I listen to it.
Harper Lee: I love
To Kill a Mockingbird-it reflects the need for social change and shows the need for each person to be treated with respect. It always reflects a great relationship between a father and a daughter, something of which I never had.
Freddie Mercury: Okay, granted, his life was very hedonistic. However, what I admire him for was the fact that he *didn’t *make his sexuality an issue-he wasn’t out there parading it and flauntng it, like so many gay activists do. Plus, I absolutely love his music, and the music of Queen in general. Great stuff.
Elizabeth George: I know some on this thread may be unfamiliar with her work, but she’s a writer of Christian books that focus on the needs of women and how women can be better Christians. Her books have had a profound influence on my life.
Only Famous to Me
My Mom: She has overcome so many trials and tribulations in her life. She’s seen her faults, admitted them, and asked for forgiveness. However, she’s learned from her mistakes and not wasted them. If all moms could be like her, our world would be much better.
My Grandfather: He died a couple of years ago. He was more like a father than a grandfather. Ever patient and humble, he never said an unkind word about anyone. He was someone you never wanted to hurt or betray, someone you never wanted to be angry with you. He inspired love and devotion in everyone around him and I wish I could be more like him.
Bob Monts: He’s one of my professors at college. He’s full of knowledge and intellect, but never uses it to try and make himself look smart and he’s never arrogant. He’s always looking out for the well-fare of his students and is also willing to talk about his faults and past mistakes so that his students can not only learn book-knowledge, but also lessons that life teaches that can’t be found in books.
NotWorthy: Yes, the guy here on the forums. He and I pm quite regularly. He’s open, honest, humble, and devoted to those he loves. He admits his faults but never allows them to deter him from his relationship with Christ. He gives help and support freely when asked for it, but doesn’t force it on someone. He’s kind, generous, patient, and more than willing to listen to the rantings of an individual when she’s having a bad day

.
Scout :tiphat: