Who are your personal heros

  • Thread starter Thread starter child_of_God85
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fr. Benedict Groeschel, Mother Angelica, my wife, my mom, who did her best to raise us after her divorce, and my mother in law, who suffered with MS for many, many years, but always had a good attitude. Also, anybody who doesn’t like political correctness.
 
He sounds like my DH, too, and my parents and so many other hard-working ordinary people who get no recognition or thanks from the world, but without whom our world wouldn’t exist. 👍
Amen, Della:thumbsup:
 
My late grandfather
St. Teresa of Avila
My wife
I.M. Pei
Richard Feynman
Michelangelo
Chuck Yeager
Dorothea Lange
King Solomon
Frank Lloyd Wright
Eric Clapton
Plato
Descartes
Andrew Wiles
Father Benedict Groeschel
Job
Isaac Newton
Ansel Adams
Arthur Stieglitz
Zoroaster
St. Paul
Johann Pachelbel
Moses Harry Horwitz
Jerome Lester Horwitz
Samuel Horwitz
Louis Feinberg
Father Damien
Mother Teresa

to name just a few…
 
My Husband is my Personal Hero. He always puts me and our families needs & wants above his. He gets up every morning and goes to work while suffering with 3 different types of Arthritis & is always in pain. Even though he is in pain he never complains. He is my Personal Hero & I tell him so on a regular basis.
This is awfully sweet.

And it reminded me–I can’t believe I forgot to say my Dad. The man is as smart as me, but he manages to be patient with people–I’m not good at that. And he works his kiester off for us as a high school math teacher–which is like being Sysyphus without the laughs–as the major breadwinner by about 2 to 1 (his three grown kids are in college, and my brother goes to a Catholic elementary school, where my Mom teaches). We don’t have a terribly great relationship (mostly my fault), but he’s probably the best man I know.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top