Who are your Saint buddies?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Marshmallow1
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Marshmallow1

Guest
Mine are St. Pio, Faustina, Helena, and Joesph! And ofcourse the Blessed Mother. Always looking for more! Wby?
 
Mine are Saint Faustina, Saint Bernadette, Saint Joan of arc, Saint Padre Pio, Saint Joseph,Saint Maximilian Kolbe, Pope Saint Gregory the great, and Saint Katherine Drexel. Just to name a few of mine and of course the Mother Mary
 
Mine at the moment are St. Michael, St. Raphael, and St. James the Greater. I travel a lot so I feel a connection to St. Raphael because he was Tobit’s companion on his journey. St. Michael because he is a powerful Archangel who battles evil. St. James the Greater because he is the patron saint of Spain the land of my ancestors. Also, my ancestors were Knights of Santiago charged with protecting the sepulcher of St. James. What are the reasons you feel a connection to the saints that you do?
 
Wow thats so cool!!!
Pio was my Confirmation Saint
Helena my baptismal
Faustina because Divine Mercy gives me hope
And always felt drawn to Saint Joseph!
 
If your asking me personally it’s because each one is teaching me to be close to Jesus and of course Mary our mother. Joan of Arc is my confirmation name I took many many years ago
 
I have always admired St. Joan of Arc. I never thought to pray to her though. She shows that even the most humble person of the most humble origins can change the world. She was an underdog in every way. To be a peasant in the middle ages is to be an underdog. To be a female peasant is to be an underdog. To be a female teenage peasant is even more so to be an underdog. Yet she changed history.
 
St. Raphael the Archangel. I chose him as my confirmation saint because he is the patron of pretty much everything.

St. Anthony. Because he has never failed to help me when I’ve lost something.

St. Alphonso Rodriguez. Because of a Gerard Manley Hopkins poem that ends:
went / Those years and years by of world without event
That in Majorca, Alfonso watched the door.

St. Valentine. Because he is the patron saint of people with epilepsy.

St. John Henry Newman. For many reasons, one being that he was quite unpopular within the Church during his lifetime.

St. Therese of Lisieux. Because she called herself little, she is a reminder that we are all little. She was a Carmelite but was often sick, I thought I had a Carmelite vocation once but they wouldn’t have me because of my health.

The list goes on and on.
 
Last edited:
At the beggining I had one (st. Padre Pio) but number started increasing after I started read and search about CC. Now l have really big number of them who I ask for intercession, some of them l feel specially connected: st.Gemma Galgani, st. Benedict, st. Faustina, st. Augustin, st. Padre Pio, st. Paulus, st. Mary Magdalene, bl. Bartolo Longo, bl. Alexandrina Maria da Costa, bl. Chiara Badano and Blessed Virgin Mary as leader 😄
I love all saints (even though I don’t know every of them in details) and they always helped me whenever l asked for some urgent help.
Not all prayers answered in way l wanted but I always got from God what is best for me.
I am looking on saints like my best friends, my brothers and sisters and really experiencing alot of help on my way of conversion. Some of them went through the same things as l am going through and that is why l feel so connected to them.
 
The Blessed Mother, Mother Teresa, St. Clare, St. Paul, St. Mary Magdalene, Pope John Paul II and St. Therese.
 
Mine would be: Bl. Francis Xavier Seelos because I love his life story, He died near where I live, and I have begun to feel rather close to him in recent time. St. Joseph because of my Sicilian heritage, we still have a big traditional St. Joseph’s Altar every year for him. And I mean, he’s St. Joseph, terror of demons, come on. St. John Vianney is my confirmation Saint, and I have had the privilege of visiting him, which was a crazy experience all on its own that he clearly helped me in. St. Michael because he always helps me In spiritual battle. Of course Mother Mary. I love so many more Saints, but those are probably the highlights.
 
St. Joseph since he is the patron of my parish. St. Teresa of Avila since she was such a wonderful combination of mystic and down to earth practical woman. St. Thomas More since he was a good husband and father, loyal to king and country but when it came down to it, was “the king’s good servant but God’s first”. St. Bede who is my Oblate patron. He is the Father of English history and I LOVE history.
St. John Paul II. He was pope during a very big part of my life and he died on my birthday.
 
Here are a few…

St. Elizabeth Ann Seton
St. Maximilian Kolbe
St. Michael the Archangel
St. Pope Pius X
St. Raymond Nonnatus
St. Teresa Benedicta of the Cross
 
Saint Padre Pio for strengh in faith,
Saint Joseph for the family,
Saint Faustina for the souls in purgatory and for God’s Mercy on us,
Saint Therese The little flower (of Lisieux) for humility and charity,
Saint Sebastian for the love of God,
…
 
Right now St. Anthony the Great, St. Elijah (the Prophet), St. Hannah, mother of Virgin Mary and our Lord, my thoughts have been running to Him all day long this Lent. I feel I truly need Him like a baby who can’t even walk without Him holding me upright.
 
This thread has inspired me to learn about more saints. currently looking at Thomas More and Thomas Aquinas. I am inspired by St. Thomas More’s martyrdom in the face of Henry VIII’s gluttonous pride.
 
Last edited:
@Duke12VonFalkenburg St. Thomas More is also very inspirative to me and his courage for Christ is something strongly motivating. I have read his 2 books, The Sadness of Christ and A Dialogue of Comfort against Tribulation (this book is great in times of sorrow, pain and any other spiritual, physical or psychological tribulations-it gives very good explanations of sufferings and how to make best of every suffering: it is written as a dialogue but is easy to read). I highly recommend you these two books.
 
Last edited:
Wow thank you! I will look for them on Amazon Kindle. That’s where I get most of my books these days.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top