Who is James White?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Montie_Claunch
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A protestant pastor and apologist, who is I think is a reformed Baptist, and he loves to conduct debates. He is in charge of the Alpha and Omega ministries.
You can download many of his debates in mp3 format on his website for only a couple of dollars. A great price. I have downloaded several debates with Catholic Apologists. It has helped me to be able to defend the Catholic faith better, because James comes up with many objections, and the Catholic people he is debating, give good replies to his objections.
Personally he kind of grates my nerves, but he is truly trying to do the work of God.

I really like his debates with Gerry Matatics, because Jerry stands toe to toe with him, and debates in a quite the same manner.
 
A protestant pastor and apologist, who is I think is a reformed Baptist, and he loves to conduct debates.
and he usually loses to catholic apologists lol
 
and he usually loses to catholic apologists lol
I would agree with you, but keep in mind that his fellow Protestant believers probably believe that he won.

I have noticed that even though he claims to be keeping on the subject he tends to throw in a lot of “anti Catholic” blurbs. I am sure the Catholic apologists do this also, but since I am Catholic, I notice when he does it.
 
<< there was a commitee who reviewed a lot of hist dedates and scored them, here they are >>

Hee hee I need to update that.

http://www.bringyou.to/apologetics/OC.gif

I got an Email from Crisis Magazine a few days after I posted that article asking me about the Committee. Fooled them, fooled them all. 😃

Phil P
 
James White is a zealous Reformed Baptist who has written several books and is well versed as a debater.
I have listened to some of his debates, and agree that he is very good at debating.

I would question some of his honesty in hearing a debate with Vin Lewis where you can clearly see a dishonest dodge. This is overshadowed by Vin Lewis kinda inviting James to go outside and punch him in the nose. (or something to that effect) It is pretty entertaining but unfortunately people don’t listen to the content of that debate, due to that incident.

I do not enjoy listening to him, but it is useful to hear his debates as he does use the more common sophisticated non-catholic arguements and usually stays away from the very simple emotional objections to Catholicism.

In Christ
Scylla
 
I have read that Scott Hahn will not debate him. I have heard Scott mention about a famous Protestant that doesn’t debate honestly, in that they used the “Peter is not the rock” arguement despite that fact that they believe he was. I have wondered if Scott was referring to James White, or if it was another Protestant debater.

I would have to say that James White is a Master debater.
😃
 
Question answered…especially since there is still at least 2 active threads here in apologetics on him.
Thread closed.
MF
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top