Who is the false prophet

  • Thread starter Thread starter Giovanni
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Giovanni

Guest
Wondering on who is the false prophet as mentioned in scripture. I know there have been many, but is there one who distinctly stands out, who has led so many astray and away from the truth.
The one that pops up real quick is Mohammed, since islam clearly denies three major truths. Christ’s divinity, Christ the son of God and His redemptive suffering and death on the cross for our salvation.
 
Wondering on who is the false prophet as mentioned in scripture. I know there have been many, but is there one who distinctly stands out, who has led so many astray and away from the truth.
The one that pops up real quick is Mohammed, since islam clearly denies three major truths. Christ’s divinity, Christ the son of God and His redemptive suffering and death on the cross for our salvation.
The one that pops up real quick for me is…
 
Wondering on who is the false prophet as mentioned in scripture. I know there have been many, but is there one who distinctly stands out, who has led so many astray and away from the truth.
Two words…

Benny Hinn.
 
Wondering on who is the false prophet as mentioned in scripture. I know there have been many, but is there one who distinctly stands out, who has led so many astray and away from the truth.
The one that pops up real quick is Mohammed, since islam clearly denies three major truths. Christ’s divinity, Christ the son of God and His redemptive suffering and death on the cross for our salvation.
I think that scripture often works on two levels: the prophetic and the historical.

The Book of Revelation may have had a specific application to the political situation within the Roman empire at the time the book was written, but it may also point to a future event.

Historically, Mohammed may qualify to some degree. I can’t shake the feeling that the worst is yet to come, however.
 
I believe the false prophet is someone who follows the theory that Christianity apostatized early on and suppressed the guidance of the Holy Spirit. This suppression of the Holy Spirit resulted in the division between East and West and then Catholic and protestant. He will tell his followers that God has given him the mission to “correct” the apostasy. His charismatic personality will deceive many within Christianity.
 
Historically, Mohammed may qualify to some degree. I can’t shake the feeling that the worst is yet to come, however.
**I also see Mahomet as a good candidate. However, I am also prudent with the eschatology 🙂

Here an interesting book about this issue.

Antichrist: Islam’s Awaited Messiah
by Joel Richardson **
http://www.armageddonbooks.com/awaited.jpg

amazon.com/Antichrist-Awaited-Messiah-Joel-Richardson/dp/1414104405/sr=1-1/qid=1168193220/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/102-3403732-8633733?ie=UTF8&s=books
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top