Who is this saint?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BintuluChuchGuy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BintuluChuchGuy

Guest
Hi all,

I was trying to remember the name of this saint.

The story goes like this. It was winter, and he(i remembered it is a male saint) saw a poor man and gave money to him to buy some clothes to keep warm. However, this poor man was a drunkard and instead used the money to buy alcohol. The people of the town asked him why did he(the saint) gave money to the poor man, even though he had wrong intentions with the money, and he replied “either way, he will keep warm”

i hope someone knows who this saint is, and i’m grateful for any help given.
Have a blessed Lent
 
Hmmmm… 🤷

Wish I knew. But on a practical note, it still seems the best thing to do is give panhandlers something other than money. When we give them a food card, it’s fairly hard for them to commit a sin with that. The worse they can do is trade it to someone for money itself. But with money, homeless can use it for drugs and alcohol and even for prostitutes. This is what someone said who I find very trustyworthy as a source of information because he has gotten to know these people. This is down town so there are a lot of people in need asking for money.

A Christian should want to help, but I think we need to be prepared to give to them when they ask. I saw a few persons coming in and leaving Church give them $5 or something like that. I think it’s good to give but giving money is not the best.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top