Who is your SAINT CRUSH?!?!

  • Thread starter Thread starter jesusismyrock
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jesusismyrock

Guest
Hey everyone, I will be confirmed in October! My Youth Minister, Colin, is always talking to us about his “Saint Crush” St. Theresa of Liseux (i think thats how you spell it 😊 ) well anyway, he got me really thinking about who my Saint Crush is!!! and so I thought and realized that there is no doubt in my mind St. JUDE is definitely my Saint Crush and also my Patron Saint for Confirmation!!!

WHAT ABOUT YALL?!?!:confused:;):D:p:thumbsup:👍

Love and Peace be with you all!!!

Your Sister (and probably cousin somewhere along the line) in Christ,

Nicole 😉
 
Hey Everyone!

I will be confirmed in October and I am super excited!!! Anyway my Youth Minister is always talking to us about his what he calls “Saint Crush” His Saint Crush is (I hope I spell her name right) St. Theresa of Liseux :confused:

So he really had me thinking today and I’ve come to realize that my “Saint Crush” is also my Patron Saint for Confirmation “St. Jude Thaddeus” !!! He is definitely my favorite Saint and the one that I look to for prayers most often!

So who is your “Saint Crush” and why if you’d care to share!!

Love and Peace be with you all!!

Nicole;)😃
 
Congrats on being confirmed! I am so glad when today’s youth are enthused about their faith.

I really don’t have a crush, but I have always admired Saint Agnes. Too many people take the easy way even it is not the Lord’s way.
 
Congrats on being confirmed! I am so glad when today’s youth are enthused about their faith.

I really don’t have a crush, but I have always admired Saint Agnes. Too many people take the easy way even it is not the Lord’s way.
Praise God!

I dressed up as Saint Agnes when I was a little girl for “All Saints Day” but I have forgotten her story! Do you think you could tell me a bit about her?
 
Congratulations concerning your confirmation.

I have three favorites - St. Michael, St. Raphael and St. Gabriel.

:heaven: :harp:
 
Nicole, BIG CONGRATS on your upcoming Confirmation! Very happy for you! :extrahappy:

I had to laugh at the way your Youth Minister phrased it… “Saint Crush”. :rotfl: That’s a new one!

I have over 30 saints, who I’m pretty well acquainted with; in fact, I pray to them… each day. They are my “Special Prayer Committee”. 😉 I wouldn’t say I have a “Saint Crush” on any of them. :rolleyes: But I DO consider them to be part of my true family. My elder brothers and sisters… who pray for me and my family.

Aren’t the saints awesome! They’re up in Heaven… praying for us… rooting for us… and WAITING for us to get there, so they can welcome us safely HOME!

God bless you Nicole!
 
I have a special place in my heart (though I’m not sure I’d call it a CRUSH!) for St. Anthony of Padua. 😃
 
Ooh, maybe St. Max. Gotta love that extremely bushy beard! 😃 Or maybe St. Francis Xavier!
 
Please do not start identical threads in multiple forums.

THREADS MERGED
 
Kind of a sad story. She didn’t take the easy way, but her reward is now in heaven.

Saint Agnes of Rome:

Saint Agnes was a member of the Roman nobility born c. 291 and raised in a Christian family. She suffered martyrdom at the age of twelve[2] or thirteen during the reign of the Roman Emperor Diocletian, on January 21, 304.

The Prefect Sempronius wished Agnes to marry his son, and on Agnes’ refusal he condemned her to death. As Roman law did not permit the execution of virgins, Sempronius had a naked Agnes dragged through the streets to a brothel. As she prayed, her hair grew and covered her body. It was also said that all of the men who attempted to rape her were immediately struck blind. When led out to die she was tied to a stake, but the bundle of wood would not burn, whereupon the officer in charge of the troops drew his sword and beheaded her, or, in some other texts, stabbed her in the throat. It is also said that the blood of Agnes poured to the stadium floor where other Christians soaked up the blood with cloths. She did not want to marry but wanted to have God in her life.

A few days after Agnes’ death, a girl named Emerentiana was found praying by her tomb; she claimed to be the daughter of Agnes’ wet nurse, and was stoned to death after refusing to leave the place and reprimanding the pagans for killing her foster sister. Emerentiana was also later canonized.
 
Kind of a sad story. She didn’t take the easy way, but her reward is now in heaven.

Saint Agnes of Rome:

Saint Agnes was a member of the Roman nobility born c. 291 and raised in a Christian family. She suffered martyrdom at the age of twelve[2] or thirteen during the reign of the Roman Emperor Diocletian, on January 21, 304.

The Prefect Sempronius wished Agnes to marry his son, and on Agnes’ refusal he condemned her to death. As Roman law did not permit the execution of virgins, Sempronius had a naked Agnes dragged through the streets to a brothel. As she prayed, her hair grew and covered her body. It was also said that all of the men who attempted to rape her were immediately struck blind. When led out to die she was tied to a stake, but the bundle of wood would not burn, whereupon the officer in charge of the troops drew his sword and beheaded her, or, in some other texts, stabbed her in the throat. It is also said that the blood of Agnes poured to the stadium floor where other Christians soaked up the blood with cloths. She did not want to marry but wanted to have God in her life.

A few days after Agnes’ death, a girl named Emerentiana was found praying by her tomb; she claimed to be the daughter of Agnes’ wet nurse, and was stoned to death after refusing to leave the place and reprimanding the pagans for killing her foster sister. Emerentiana was also later canonized.
Wow… I remember knowing that she was young, and that supposedly men who wanted to rape her were struck blind… but wow!!! That is an Amazing Saint Story!!! Anyone have any other favorite Saints or as I call them Saint Crushes?!👍
 
I have a soft spot (maybe not necessarily a “crush” lol) for St. Maximillian Kolbe. Love his story!

But then again, I’m also into Holocaust history, so…

🙂
 
Hmm… actually, I kinda have a thing for girls like Saint Philomena Thaumaturga or saints who were similar to her. The way they get tortured and stuff by egotistic guys who can’t take “No” for an answer sorta makes me wanna protect those girls. Call me creepy (chauvinist even), but I like girls who seem so pure and innocent (not to mention very cute :o ) to the point that you wanna be their guardian and beat the snot outta jerks who’d take advantage of them. The problem is though, (unlike in St. Philomena’s story) I’m no guardian angel. >.>;; To be honest, I see myself more as some grim, ronin-esque guy who is inspired by these girls’ faith and piety (at the same time, being ashamed of his own lack of it <.<;; ).

Stories like hers actually inspired me to create two characters based on this concept. I sure hope it’s not blasphemous. >.<;;;
 
St Jude!

St jude interceded for me… several times!

His intercession pushed me to go through RCIA!
 
Crush? Don’t know if that’s the right word. I am very fond of St Joseph - so humble and kind and totally selfless in his obedience to God.

And St Augustine - a brilliant thinker, overcame a very sinful early life to become one of the greatest of all saints … and humbly gave the credit to his mother’s constant prayers for him 🙂
 
I have a lot of saints that I really like, but only one that I have a special attachment to. St. Francis of Assisi. I love his radical love for Christ and his identification with the crucified. I sometimes wish I were St. Clare so I could meet him and get spiritual advice from him. 😃
 
Like many others here, I wouldn’t say “crush.”

Anyway, Saint John Bosco.🙂
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top