Who is your SAINT CRUSH?!?!

  • Thread starter Thread starter jesusismyrock
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have over 30 saints, who I’m pretty well acquainted with; in fact, I pray to them… each day. They are my “Special Prayer Committee”. 😉 I wouldn’t say I have a “Saint Crush” on any of them. :rolleyes: But I DO consider them to be part of my true family. My elder brothers and sisters… who pray for me and my family.
Wow, I love what you said! I would love to hear more on your take because that’s what I want to have as well. I’m just unsure how to do it, what to say, to talk about etc. Usually I only say sth like “St. X please help me with this problem and pray for me”. Somehow, however, this is very unsatisfying and so I don’t do it often. But I would like it to get deeper, a friendship just like you described. Any advice???

Oh, and I’m curious what saints make up your special prayer comittee! 😃 You don’t have to list all of them. 😉
 
Wow, I love what you said! I would love to hear more on your take because that’s what I want to have as well. I’m just unsure how to do it, what to say, to talk about etc. Usually I only say sth like “St. X please help me with this problem and pray for me”. Somehow, however, this is very unsatisfying and so I don’t do it often. But I would like it to get deeper, a friendship just like you described. Any advice???

Oh, and I’m curious what saints make up your special prayer comittee! 😃 You don’t have to list all of them. 😉
Hi “Xandria”. 👋 I can’t take credit for the term… “Prayer Committee”. lol. I borrowed it from Fr. Benedict Groeschel (of ETWN). But I would be happy to share my “Prayer Committee” with you. Ready? 😉

Our Lady of Mount Carmel; Our Lady of Fatima; Our Lady of Lourdes
St. Joseph
St. Anne (Patroness of my sister)
Sts. Michael, Gabriel and Raphael… Archangels (and my own Guardian Angel!)
Sts. Peter and Paul
St. Andrew (my godson’s Patron)
St. James (parish I grew up in)
St. Veronica (my Confirmation saint)
St. Mary Magdalene
St. Philomena
St. Anthony of Padua (parish of my Baptism)
St. Teresa of Avila
St. Therese of Lisieux (my Baptismal Patroness!)
St. Bernadette of Lourdes
St. Francis of Assisi
St. Clare of Assisi (Patroness of my other sister)
St. Pio of Pietrelcina
St. Faustina
St. Maria Goretti
St. Gianna Molla
St. Patrick (because I’m part Irish)
Blessed Kateri Tekakwitha (because I’m part Native American)
Blesseds Francisco and Jacinta Marto
Blesseds Zelie and Louis Martin
Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta
Blessed Pier Giorgio Frassati
Blessed Junipero Serra (because I’m from California)
Venerable Fr. Solanus Casey
Servant of God, Pope John Paul II (received 2 blessings from, and attended Papal Mass)
Servant of God, Sr. Lucia Dos Santos (she entered Eternal Life on my birthday)
Servant of God, Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

and last… but not least…

Servants of God, Sr. Genevieve of the Holy Face (also once a caregiver); and Sr. Francoise-Therese (aka Celine and Leonie Martin… sisters of St. Therese of Lisieux).

I also include photos, that I have… of 2 priests I knew when I was still living in California. These two holy priests have now died… and since they both cared for my soul, at one time… I ask them also, to pray for me.

Also, those that I have named… have special significance to my family… or to me, for one reason or another. They weren’t “chosen” randomly.

Now I don’t spend hours and hours… saying individual prayers to each of them… Nooooo. It would take me all day. :doh2: I simply say one prayer, before some little holy cards… kind of like a general prayer… asking them ALL for their intercession.

But I do sometimes, love to just stop and look at them. And sometimes, I will chat with one or another… on a more personal level. And I tell them that I can’t wait to meet them… face to face one day. This has proven a great way to develop a real kinship with them. I really feel a family bond, from doing this.

God bless you!
 
40.png
MarieVeronica:
Wow you’re prayer committee is great! I’ll share mine when I have more time next time. 🙂
 
Well, my special saint is Joan of Arc. She will be my confirmation saint when I confirm next year. I wear her medal so she will watch over me all the time. I love Joan very much, that’s where I got my username from on this website.

Others are St. Therese of Liseaux and St. Lucy. Two very special ladies for God!

But really, I try to take something away from each saint’s story to put in my own life.

-Jeanne
 
Dear Nicole

It’s very nice to see your enthusiasm. Keep it up. My one is St Gemma Galgani, the Gem of Christ. Her feast day is my birthday. My birthday is on the day she died this year- holy saturday April 11th. What are the odds of that given she made a blinding appearance onto the scene of my life on these forums just a few weeks ago. Maybe I should pray to her a lot this feast day?

God bless and peace to you:thumbsup:🙂
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top