Whom do I believe?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Subrosa
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Subrosa

Guest
I was here reading and responding to some of the posts when a question occured to me.

If I were seated in a room with several different Protestant Ministers, which one could have a persuasive enough argument for me to leave the Roman Catholic Church?

So, let’s have a go at it. I’ll put some demoninations here to supply a foundation.

Baptist minister
Pentecostal minister
Anglican minister
Lutheran minister
Reformed minister
New Apostolic minister
Christadelphian minister
Church of Christ Scientist minister
Seventh Day Adventist minister
Unitarian minister
Jehovah’s Witness elder
Mormon minister

Ok. So let’s say I’m in a room with these people. Good, bible believing people, all of them. Each convinced that they are a part of the true message of the gospel.

Whom do I believe?

(I’m using the word “Protestant” as an inclusive word for all demoninations who oppose Catholic Church doctrine. My apologies to those who do not consider themselves protestant.)

Subrosa
 
I was here reading and responding to some of the posts when a question occured to me.

If I were seated in a room with several different Protestant Ministers, which one could have a persuasive enough argument for me to leave the Roman Catholic Church?

So, let’s have a go at it. I’ll put some demoninations here to supply a foundation.

Baptist minister
Pentecostal minister
Anglican minister
Lutheran minister
Reformed minister
New Apostolic minister
Christadelphian minister
Church of Christ Scientist minister
Seventh Day Adventist minister
Unitarian minister
Jehovah’s Witness elder
Mormon minister

Ok. So let’s say I’m in a room with these people. Good, bible believing people, all of them. Each convinced that they are a part of the true message of the gospel.

Whom do I believe?

(I’m using the word “Protestant” as an inclusive word for all demoninations who oppose Catholic Church doctrine. My apologies to those who do not consider themselves protestant.)

Subrosa
The one the that is the best dressed, or the one that seems to be the most friendly. In other words because of some superficial reason. None of them would have any depth or history to them, only what you can sense on the outside is all you have to go on.
 
The one the that is the best dressed, or the one that seems to be the most friendly. In other words because of some superficial reason. None of them would have any depth or history to them, only what you can sense on the outside is all you have to go on.
Oh, come now, dear Brother Rich! Are you saying that these people are nothing more that superficial? Some of these people have been to semanaries and have Master’s degrees and Doctorates in theology. They have spent thier lives studying scripture. Some of these theologies go back five hundred years!

Even those who have not attended seminaries have spent many, many hours of in-depth scripture study! Surely scripture cannot lie!

There MUST BE some convincing argument!

Whom do I believe?
Subrosa
 
Oh, come now, dear Brother Rich! Are you saying that these people are nothing more that superficial? Some of these people have been to semanaries and have Master’s degrees and Doctorates in theology. They have spent thier lives studying scripture. Some of these theologies go back five hundred years!

Even those who have not attended seminaries have spent many, many hours of in-depth scripture study! Surely scripture cannot lie!

There MUST BE some convincing argument!

Whom do I believe?
Subrosa
A non-Catholic can NEVER have a convincing argument for a Catholic to leave the Church.
 
Oh, come now, dear Brother Rich! Are you saying that these people are nothing more that superficial? Some of these people have been to semanaries and have Master’s degrees and Doctorates in theology. They have spent thier lives studying scripture. Some of these theologies go back five hundred years!

Even those who have not attended seminaries have spent many, many hours of in-depth scripture study! Surely scripture cannot lie!

There MUST BE some convincing argument!

Whom do I believe?
Subrosa
I’m talking about what they represent, not in reality. False theology or incomplete theology, does it make any difference.
 
Baptist minister
If you believe OSAS, go this route.
Pentecostal minister
If you speak in tongues, these are the guys for you! They also do not believe in OSAS, well the United Pentecostals do not!
Anglican minister
Lutheran minister
Reformed minister
If you do not believe in the infallibility of the Catholic church but affirm tradition, this is the route for you.
Christadelphian minister
If you do not believe in the Trinity, here you go.
Church of Christ Scientist minister
Do not have ministers, only readers. If you do not believe evil is real but is merely an illusion and that we do not actually have physical bodies…go this route!
Seventh Day Adventist minister
Strong views on the Sabbath you say? These are the people for you.
Unitarian minister
If you have any relgious beliefs, or none, as longs as they are not conservative views and you are a politicial liberal, you will love this church.
you get the idea 😃
 
If you believe OSAS, go this route.

If you speak in tongues, these are the guys for you! They also do not believe in OSAS, well the United Pentecostals do not!

If you do not believe in the infallibility of the Catholic church but affirm tradition, this is the route for you.

If you do not believe in the Trinity, here you go.

Do not have ministers, only readers. If you do not believe evil is real but is merely an illusion and that we do not actually have physical bodies…go this route!

Strong views on the Sabbath you say? These are the people for you.

If you have any relgious beliefs, or none, as longs as they are not conservative views and you are a politicial liberal, you will love this church.
you get the idea 😃
If none fit your beliefs, you can make your own Church and become a minister.
 
If you believe OSAS, go this route.

If you speak in tongues, these are the guys for you! They also do not believe in OSAS, well the United Pentecostals do not!

If you do not believe in the infallibility of the Catholic church but affirm tradition, this is the route for you.

If you do not believe in the Trinity, here you go.

Do not have ministers, only readers. If you do not believe evil is real but is merely an illusion and that we do not actually have physical bodies…go this route!

Strong views on the Sabbath you say? These are the people for you.

If you have any relgious beliefs, or none, as longs as they are not conservative views and you are a politicial liberal, you will love this church.
you get the idea 😃
Thank you, Brian, for proving the point for me.

Christ has ONE truth, not many. It is not a matter of what one agrees with, but the real truth.

“Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever.” Heb 13:8
 
If none fit your beliefs, you can make your own Church and become a minister.
I actually have known several churches that began this way. Some people didn’t like what the preacher was preachin’ so the went ahead and started preachin’ what the liked.

Sub
 
I actually have known several churches that began this way. Some people didn’t like what the preacher was preachin’ so the went ahead and started preachin’ what the liked.

Sub
Isn’t it sad that people would rather make up new rules than submit and be obedient to Christ’s teachings? It often makes me think about the “easier, softer way” Nothing worth having is easy, at least in my life so far. I think it was Dr. Laura that said if you believe everything your church teaches without struggle… you’re in the wrong church. It isn’t supposed to be easy… it is supposed to be the most difficult and rewarding reason for living and dying that man has ever known. Didn’t Christ even warn his apostles that they would receive the same bad treatment as he? People would hate them because of him? I think that’s probably an indication that to be faithful wouldn’t be easy… just my opinion…
 
I’m a former Southern Baptist who converted to Catholicism late in life. I remember when my father was talking to me about the Bible, and I asked him how to understand Scripture. He told me the Holy Spirit leads us into all understanding of the Bible. I was young then (maybe 10), and I recall wondering… “If there’s only one Truth, and one Holy Spirit, then why are there so many interpreations of Scripture?”

It didn’t make sense, and I recognized it when I was young. I just didn’t know the answer, until later in life when I saw that the Holy Spirit leads the Magesterium to understanding the Truth, and they explain it to us. What a wonderful feeling that was to finally see the clear picture!
 
I was here reading and responding to some of the posts when a question occured to me.

If I were seated in a room with several different Protestant Ministers, which one could have a persuasive enough argument for me to leave the Roman Catholic Church?

So, let’s have a go at it. I’ll put some demoninations here to supply a foundation.

Baptist minister
Pentecostal minister
Anglican minister
Lutheran minister
Reformed minister
New Apostolic minister
Christadelphian minister
Church of Christ Scientist minister
Seventh Day Adventist minister
Unitarian minister
Jehovah’s Witness elder
Mormon minister

Ok. So let’s say I’m in a room with these people. Good, bible believing people, all of them. Each convinced that they are a part of the true message of the gospel.

Whom do I believe?

(I’m using the word “Protestant” as an inclusive word for all demoninations who oppose Catholic Church doctrine. My apologies to those who do not consider themselves protestant.)

Subrosa
Which ever splinter hurts the most!!!
 
This reminds me of a thread I started awhile back. In it I pointed out that non-Catholic churches believe the Catholic Church became corrupt, which necessitated the Reformation. My question was this: If the Catholic Church did become corrupted, then where was the Christian to go to be taught without error? I said that if there was a church (outside the Orthodox, who are as old as the Catholic Church) which taught with the same authority as the Apostles, I would leave the Catholic Church for that church. The thread is about 13 pages long so far, and no one took me up on my offer.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top